Senior Maintenance Manager - Bridgnorth | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Maintenance Manager
Bridgnorth, Shropshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd has firmly established itself as a trusted supplier of rolled Aluminium products since 1933. Our knowledge and experience spans many decades, evident in the work we do today to which we supply the Lithographic, Automotive and Foil Sectors of Industry. We are a 74 acre site which is located; as the name implies, in the historic town of Bridgnorth and within a 25min commute from towns such as Telford, Shrewsbury, Kidderminster and Wolverhampton, 40mins from Birmingham, Worcester, Stafford and Redditch.
We are recruiting for a Senior Maintenance Manager to manage the maintenance function within our Aluminium Manufacturing Facility. The Senior Maintenance Manager will lead the Mechanical and Electrical teams and will work to ensure uninterrupted operation of the assets by reducing unplanned downtime, equipment failures and breakdowns while ensuring all assets are maintained adequately to operate within their designed capabilities.
Working a Monday to Friday day shift pattern the incumbent will report into the Head of Manufacturing.
Senior Maintenance Manager - Key Responsibilities:
* Leading the site Maintenance function in providing both reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment
* Provide technical expertise and guidance to the team and contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
* Improve on mean time between failure and downtime reduction and manage and implement improvement plans
* Drive Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to
* Overseeing maintenance or emergency repairs/inspections including Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Mechanical, Electrical and Automation related issues
* Work as part of the management team to share ideas and improve the operation,
* Driving Root Cause Analysis (RCA) studies within the team and ensuring the implementation of corrective actions where necessary
* Analysing maintenance engineering data; producing reports, charts, etc. to identify trends and set up improvement programs
* Identify and deploy technical skills, resources and systems to deliver improvement projects, including the engagement of external resources as and when required
* Leading the implementation of maintenance work performance monitoring and key performance indicators (KPIs)
* Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure
* Overseeing equipment critical spare parts’ identification and stock maintenance
* Leading the consolidation of the maintenance budget, capex and forecasting process
* Working with suppliers and contractors to organise emergency or planned repairs of assets/equipment and major upgrades
* Evaluate skills within the department and manage continuous training and development
* Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out to through the team so that each member understands that standards and behaviors expected of them
* Clear communication of business objectives and KPI’s to team members
Senior Maintenance Manager - Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience:
* Essential - Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Essential - Proven man management experience
* Essential - A working knowledge of relevant engineering principles & practices demonstrated in a relevant industry in engineering, maintenance or reliability fields
* Essential - Good working experience with planned maintenance systems in a multi-disciplined environment will be advantageous
* Essential - Experience with Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode & Effect Analysis tools/techniques
* Essential - A positive, ‘can-do’ attitude, integrity, professionalism with a creative & adaptive approach under pressure
* Desirable - Extensive experience in a manufacturing environment
* Desirable - Basic knowledge of parts fabrication (. machining, welding, turning, etc.)
What we Offer:
* Competitive salary package and 33 days Holidays (including public holidays)
* Monthly and Annual Company Performance Bonus
* Private Health Care Package and Westfield cash plan - can be increased to incorporate dependants
* Pension up to 7% contribution
* Life Assurance
Due to the nature of the business, the incumbent for the role of Senior Maintenance Manager should be aware that under exceptional circumstances (., breakdowns, outage periods, etc.) additional hours maybe required to fulfil the role this might include weekends as and when required to meet the business needs.
If you feel you have the right experience and skill set for the role of Senior Maintenance Manager, then please don’t hesitate to apply for the role. Unfortunately on this occasion we are not able to accept applications from candidates who require VISA sponsorship support to work in the EU.
1st Stage interviews will be conducted using video conference due to Covid19 and further progression will be adhered to using the UK Government and companies social distancing guidelines and procedures