Estimator - Cannock | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Cannock, Staffordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure. Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & in London, we also have a number of related businesses – Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Estimator - Multi Utilities- Cannock
Our Multi Utilities division is growing! We have an exciting role for a progressive Estimator to join the team and become an integral part of the project delivery. To be successful in this role you will be confident with all aspects of Estimating and ideally have a background of estimating electrical network’s for high rise and multi occupancy residential buildings.
Here at Murphy, we recruit and retain our own people, and operate with five core values at the heart of everything we do. They define our culture and what it means to work for Murphy:
One family, one team, one Murphy - We work collaboratively to provide a seamless, integrated service to our clients.
Always deliver - Our ‘can do’ attitude means that we aspire to deliver all our projects on time, on budget and to a high quality.
Respect, integrity and accountability - We conduct business in a transparent, honest and professional manner. We act with integrity and are trusted by all our stakeholders.
Never harm - We protect people, the environment and communities, no matter where we are or what we are doing.
Continually improve - Innovation is integral to our success and we look to make improvements in all aspects of our work. We continuously strive to improve.
Take a look at the role outline and if you think you fit the bill, and want to work in a team that rewards performance, drives personal development and offers a great place to work delivering exciting projects, then get in touch!
* Complete Multi Utility Estimates (Gas, Electric and Water) of mains and services, domestic and commercial
* Work with the design team to develop bids in line with best working practices
* Ensure that the tender provides the “winning strategy” including margin/profit decisions.
* Produce enquiry schedules for scope of works and packages required from the tender documentation, drawings and specifications under the guidance of the Senior Estimator.
* Identify tender deliverables required from the project designers with the aid of the Senior Estimator.
* Prepare subcontract packages as necessary with the aid of the Senior Estimator.
* Evaluate quotations returned from suppliers and where necessary enter into correspondence to bring quotations in line with the project specific requirements.
* Prepare activity schedules for projects; utilising appropriate estimating software.
* Prepare BOQ for scopes of projects on estimating programmes such as CCS Candy & Kubus.
* Prepare commercial documents for handover to the project execution team.
* Attend meetings (pre and post tender) with Professional Team and Client.
* Experience in estimating Utility Networks for Gas and Electric (Water desirable but not essential)
* Estimating Electric Networks for Multi Occupancy (High Rise) Housing Developments and Industrial & Commercial
* Motivated with a can-do approach