Financial Director - Colchester | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Colchester, Essex, England
Permanent (Full time)
Your new company
We are very pleased to be partnering this highly successful privately owned group, who due to continued growth, organic and by acquisition, are looking to recruit a technically strong and commercially focused qualified accountant to join them as Finance Director of one of their market leading subsidiaries.
Your new role
As Finance Director you will take full responsibility for finance for the business, manage and develop the finance function, lead finance and business process improvement and as part of the senior management team provide support and influence on operational and commercial matters and strategic plans.
The Finance Director will report into the Managing Director and Group Finance Director your key responsibilities will include:
- Production of accurate monthly management accounts and supporting commentary for presentation to the board in accordance with Group reporting deadlines.
- Production of the yearly forecast, ensuring it is an accurate representation of the working model.
- In conjunction with the senior management team, develop and improve the current reporting mechanisms used to produce management accounting information to improve efficiency and aid decision making.
- Working with other areas of the business, ensure the development of policies, systems and processes that meet the changing business needs.
- Cash management for the business within set Group parameters, including regular cashflow forecasting and reporting.
- Oversee product costing and ensure quoting prices and information remain up to date.
- Compliance with all Statutory/HMRC reporting requirements.
- Manage, motivate, develop and recruit all members of the finance team.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with external advisors as required
- Negotiate utility, insurance and leasing contracts as they fall due for renewal.
- To be an active member of the leadership team, contributing to strategic planning and development Skills and
What you'll need to succeed
The Finance Director will be a CCAB qualified accountant with strong technical knowledge, financial management experience and business partner support gained within a medium sized commercial business, prior training within an accountancy practice would be beneficial.
An experienced people manager who enjoys training and developing their team and can be "hands on" as required.
You will have a demonstrable track record of developing control systems and processes in response to changing business needs.
Possess strong influencing skills and the ability to work successfully with the senior management team
What you'll get in return
You will be joining a well established business with an enviable track record of sustained growth in market share and performance, it is part of a highly successful privately owned East of England group which has ambitious growth plans. As Finance Director you will be offered a highly competitive salary and benefits which include car/car allowance, discretionary bonus, pension and health insurance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.