Welding Engineer - Culham | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Welding Engineer - Welding Expert for the UKAEA
Culham, Oxfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Who are we looking for?
You will have a passion for technological excellence, always seeking creative ways to solve problems and push scientific & technical boundaries. The challenges presented by this role include welding of dissimilar materials and welding in challenging environments therefore flexibility and a positive attitude are essential.
You will be dedicated to our work and delivery focussed, with the ability to work together cooperatively to achieve the highest quality outcome.
What will you be responsible for?
As a Welding Engineer your duties will include:
• Review and approve weld procedures and associated welder qualifications from the ISS Contractor, and other Contractor organisations on direct contract to UKAEA.
• Maintain the records and authorise the use of UKAEA weld procedures. Maintain records of UKAEA welder qualifications.
• Oversee the assessment of UKAEA welders in their qualification to specific procedures.
• Maintain records of welding undertaken on UKAEA Facilities to the requisite welding quality standards.
• Ensuring that Welding Quality Packages, including working documents, inspection and test reports, welder qualifications, weld record sheets etc., are accurately compiled and completed in a timely manner, for both UKAEA welds and those of the ISS Contractor, or other Contractor directly employed by the UKAEA. Approval and Acceptance of ISS Contractor or direct Contractor Welding Quality Packages on behalf of the UKAEA.
• Arranging for Radiography, or other specialist NDT sessions under the relevant contracts when required through the UKAEA Contract Project Manager.
• Arranging for UKAEA or Third Party Notified Body inspections, or witnesses, when required. Where external bodies are required, these will be through the relevant UKAEA Contract Project Manager.
You will occasionally be expected to work in radioactive areas and at weekends. This role will require the postholder to occasionally work out of normal hours