Youth Support Worker - Harwich | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Youth Support Worker
Harwich, Essex, England
£10.19/hour Free DBS Perkbox Training
Permanent (Full time)
We are looking for a Youth Support Worker to join our small friendly team supporting young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties, complex needs and challenging behaviour in our residential children's home. We offer a safe and family orientated environment for children aged from 8 to 18 years It is a challenging role but can be hugely rewarding - making a difference to a young person's life.
You must be 23 years or older to apply for this position due to current children's care home guidelines.
At Salutem, we understand that providing our colleagues with a work life balance; to invest their freedom in what they love, benefits the care they give to the people using our services. That's why we're looking for a flexible person on-the-go, to take a rewarding opportunity to learn new skills.
With us, you're not just a care worker, you're a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support. We hope that you will be able to add to the team with your enthusiasm and willingness to learn
As a Support Worker your main responsibilities will include:
· Be able to demonstrate a warm, person centred and affirmative approach to people
· Demonstrate written communication skills, sufficient to contribute to a record keeping system
Preferably you will hold an NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People's Workforce.
Manual Driving Licence
To comply with the Children's Homes Standards applicants must be at least 23 years old.
What can we offer you?
* COVID-19 Vaccination
* Training/Qualification Opportunities- In addition to the company induction, those that are new to care will also be supported to complete the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare.
* You will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
* Internal progression opportunities
* Perkbox -We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
* Employee Support Helpline- You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
* Employer Pension contribution
* 20 days annual leave plus bank holiday
Previous experience in a similar role is advantageous however more important to us is the values that you hold:
* Do you feel you can offer a SUPPORTIVE environment to enable people to grow and develop?
* Can you inspire the people we support and your colleagues to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
* Are you LOYAL, are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
* Do you value UNIQUE ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
* Can you work in TRANSPARENT, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
* Can you bring energy, positivity and an ENGAGING mindset to work?
* Are you passionate about enabling people to have a MEANINGFUL life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
Apply now and one of our team will review your CV and be in touch!
If you are looking for a new opportunity with career prospects and would like to be part of our dynamic organisation which supports people to live fulfilled and meaningful lives, please apply.
We take safeguarding seriously and all applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check