Purchasing and Supply Chain - Rotherham - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager
Rotherham - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
* Managing relationships with suppliers
* Managing and monitoring stock levels in line with market trends
* Developing a purchasing strategy and procuring new product lines
Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager
Basic salary between £35,000 and £40,000 DOE
My client are a supplier of equipment to the horticultural sector and are looking for a Purchasing & Supply Chain specialist to take on a leadership role and drive the purchasing function to support business growth. Working with the MD and General Manager on existing and new projects to source new product lines and evaluate the current supply chain. This is a great role for someone looking for a new challenge who can take control of these functions and look to build and manage a small team around them.
* We're looking for someone who can develop and manage relationships with all suppliers, handling any problems and quality defects to achieve a positive outcome.
* You'll continually evaluate current supply chain, ensuring best price, quality and delivery, maximising margins where possible.
* A key part of the role would be analysing data on stock levels and creating and managing a OOS reporting function. Initially this will involve a lot of information analysis and understanding of a market with limited trends.
* Working closely with the Production Department to identify raw material and packaging requirements and to create and maintain bills of materials
* Ensuring suitable sourcing of all existing and new purchased raw materials and consumables for production and finished goods for stock and implementing partnership trading agreements for new lines. This could also include organising and tracking of international transport.
* You'll be working closely with the finance department for all procurement requirements and ensuring accurate standard costs are maintained and updated within the accounting software
* It's important that you maintain market intelligence and report changes to pricing levels, identifying potential problem areas or conditions which could adversely affect the organisation's procurement position. You'll then recommend and direct corrective actions.
* We're looking for extensive experience in purchasing and supply chain management
* Strong analytical skills are key to identify and implement new processes and procedures.
* You'll have excellent communication and negotiating skills and be comfortable sourcing relationships for both domestic and international suppliers
* Self-motivated and pro active, you'll also be highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
* Experience and competency developing a purchasing strategy is key
* If you have experience managing a small team this would be beneficial as the role will grow, but this isn't essential for the right candidate
* We really need an all rounder who is happy to get involved with cross departmental projects and drive their own department forward
* A basic salary between £35,000 and £40,000 is offered depending on experience
* 23 days holiday + bank holidays
* A fantastic opportunity to develop the department and grow a small team around you
* You'll be joining a growing company and be given the autonomy to make high level decisions in line with the company's growth plans
This role is available immediately so please apply below and shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 48 hours.
Highbridge Talent is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role