Account Manager - Chester | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Chester, Cheshire West and Chester, England
25000.0000 - 28000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Leading Provider of Professional Services
Basic: £25,000-£28,000 / OTE £40,000
WHY: High growth, highly ambitious organisation
- Do you have proven experience as an Account Manager within a B2B sales environment?
- Are you comfortable selling in to the SME space?
- Do you have exceptional phone and written communication skills?
- Are you proactive and strong in retaining business?
We are currently working with a leading provider of Professional Services into UK companies. With a core portfolio covering 4 - 5 different offerings they support over 40,000 UK companies through direct and indirect relationships. Their services including compliance, HR, legal and risk management and recently have gone through a number of acquisitions that will be further integrated into the main business. Demand for their proposition has grown significantly through the COVID19 pandemic and this is only expected to continue.
The purpose of this position is to ensure that the highest levels of client retention are attained and to meet demanding organic growth sales targets. Managing a portfolio of approximately 600 clients, each with an anticipated annual contract value. The goal is to retain the existing client base and look for opportunities for cross-sell, up-sell and growth.
Ideally you will have 2+ years B2B sales experience within an Account Management / Retention / Customer Success based position. You will need to have excellent communications skills. Ideally you would have sold a subscription solution like a SaaS offering or alternatively professional services. This position will be a mixture of home and office based with the head office being based in Chester.
Account Manager: Duties & Responsibilities
- Take ownership and responsibility for the renewal process and the retention of clients.
- Produce professional and well-written renewal proposals, heavily bespoke where necessary, to support each renewal, with clearly identified terms, service specification, and pricing details.
- Be the Commercial point of contact for any client issues that are raised and take personal ownership of any service issues to ensure they are resolved
- Keep client contacts updated on client database, specifically Salesforce.
- Work proactively to identify low use and high use clients and where appropriate and possible identify contact plans and action plans to correct the position.
- Make regular CRM calls to clients at a frequency and rate agreed by the Commercial Director.
- Ensure upsell/cross-sell opportunities are secured by working collaboratively with the service delivery teams, finance team and third party service providers wherever they are used.
- Ensure that correct documentation is in place with clients to support the sale of additional services.
- Identify all opportunities to sell additional core service, and work with service delivery teams to understand potential for adding new sites or additional business that may have been or are about to be acquired.
- Use feedback from any client satisfaction surveys to inform in-life CRM calling to clients, identify organic growth opportunities, identify issues, and to aid the renewal process.
- Work closely with the contract administration team and the client experience team to ensure client details are set up correctly.
Account Manager: Experience Required
- Strong literacy skills. First impressions count.
- Financially aware and numerate, with the ability to recommend commercially sensible pricing decisions
- 2+ years B2B account manager or customer retention experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating a track record and ability to build relationships via the telephone and with colleagues.
- Strong organisation skills
- Experience of increasing the average value of clients in their contract lifetime though active relationship management and the identification of additional client needs through regular dialogue.
- The ability to resolve complaints and disputes effectively
- Good IT skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office and with experience of having previously used at least one CRM system, ideally Salesforce.