Sales Manager - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
East London, Greater London, England
50000.0000 - 65000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
We are looking for a
Sales Manager – Schools Marketing
Location: Home Based Reporting to: Agency Director
Salary: £50K - £55K + £65K OTE
In this role you will report directly to the Agency Director and have responsibility for building and leading a sales team of two. You and your team will be responsible for selling advertising products to schools UK wide to achieve our stretching growth plans.
Initially you will recruit a team of two field-based salespeople. Together you will grow, retain and account manage our Schools customer base over the phone and face to face. You will also be expected to play a pivotal role in the evolution of our schools advertising products and services as the business scales.
A typical week as Sales Manager might involve:
- Side by side phone coaching sessions with your team, identifying key strengths and areas for improvement with a view to driving consistent quality sales and reviews with new and existing customers.
- Weekly KPI catch ups with your team, highlighting and celebrating strong performance and helping drive improvement.
- Conducting regular and effective coaching & 1-2-1’s
- Motivating the team to achieve productivity and growth targets.
- Clearly and succinctly delivering key operational messages back to your team.
- Conducting interviews to ensure the quality of new recruits is of the highest possible standard.
- Having a plan, setting objectives & helping your team define their own plans to achieve targets and objectives.
- Delivering key KPI updates to relevant stakeholders.
- Dealing effectively with escalations from your team to help resolve any customer complaints.
- Defining and delivering the customer acquisition strategy agreed with the Agency Director
- Taking ownership of the biggest customers and opportunities.
In order to achieve this, you will work with teams across the business. For example, we envisage you working closely with our business, data and revenue analysts, finance team, HR team, our marketing team, our sales trainers.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience in successfully building new sales teams.
- Wants to work in a start-up type environment
- Can provide strong strategic direction for their team to ensure team objectives are met
- Is experienced in organising, managing, and coaching highly successful sales teams
- Is motivated to identify challenges and work with teams across the business to find ways to continually improve performance
- Is excited about the opportunity to build and then drive the schools business
- Has management experience within a Business Development and Account Management setup for Telesales and Field sales.
- Is comfortable with numbers and targets and is able to focus and motivate a team to achieve them.
- Works well with other key stakeholders and is able to confidently deliver key information.
- Has high expectations of great performance in their team and is relentless and tenacious in pursuit of it.
- Has initiative and able to think independently, ability to lead a team and drive great ways of working.
- Drives for results both personally and for the team to achieve commercial goals, and who has the ability to create solutions when off target and sharing success amongst colleagues.
- Can develop their skills and can challenge existing processes
- Enjoys presenting to peers and colleagues
Please get in touch: