Designer - Liverpool | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Designer - Homeware
Depending on experience
Permanent (Full time)
About the Role
As a Designer with Matalan, you'll support the Home Design Manager to design and develop comprehensive homeware ranges, working closely with the relevant Buying teams to ensure the product reflects the current market and our customer needs.
- Conduct market research, identifying Matalan's competitor ranges and key trends for the season, creating and presenting these
- Provide the ‘key trend'’ information, fabric and colour palettes to the Homeware Buying teams
- Conduct competitor & directional shop research, updating trends, colour and fabric information as required to ensure Matalan's ranges are in line with the industry
- Conduct factory visits and competitor shopping trips, producing full reports which will be fed back to the Buying and Design teams
- Design commercial and on trend product from concept to completion, producing accurate CAD’s and design briefs using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Liaise with suppliers on product and design details, providing advice on initial samples, ensuring that manufactured products match initial design specification.
- Liaise with the Buying team to understand the costs and margins needed to make sure that the range can realistically be bought with-in the given budget
- Educated to degree level, with homeware design experience
- Experience within a design-related environment, with knowledge of
- Experience in designing both home textiles and hard product ranges would be beneficial
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
- Ability to produce CAD work including design packs, artworks, graphics, prints and packaging
- Strong attention to detail
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.