Inventory Controller - Manchester | Zoek UK | 20a6fa8749244b87a3fd99b31d3e6d98
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Up to £12 per hour
Contract (Full time)
Our Client offers an award winning product portfolio of security products as well as low voltage audio and video products from leading industry brands. They are Europe's leading distributor of Electronic Security equipment.
They are currently in need of a Supply Planner / Buyer.
You will be responsible for processing stock orders and liaising with Suppliers regarding stock issues, maintaining stock levels, liaising directly with Suppliers to ensure on time delivery for Purchase Orders.
You will work closely with various departments to ensure that correct levels of stock are ordered and all queries are resolved. You will be required to work to strict deadlines and work as part of a team. Confident in both telephone manner and the use of computers is a must for this role.
Responsibilities of position:
SAP - MRP Material replenishment - Process the full range of reporting within the SAP system
- Create change material masters
- Keep Vendor details up-date with the relevant process module
- Create & maintain purchasing documents within SAP
- Maintain source lists and purchase info records
- Create planned orders if applicable using the full process to requisition & generating purchase orders.
- Use all SAP report transactions relating to our material replenishment program
- Invoice resolution.
- Procure to Pay: Using SAP reporting function, resolve Vendor invoice disputes ensuring suppliers are paid on time.
- Communication to our European Accounts department to resolve any conflicts with vendors.
- Communicate to Vendors any invoice errors relating to goods receipt discrepancies.
Inventory & Stock Availability:
- Expediting orders to ensure we have the correct stock in circulation, ensuring key matrix for supply planning are maintained
- Reporting supplier constraints and recovery plans
- Active involvement in SIOP phases reporting assumptions during the Supply Planning Phase
- Down load SAP material replenishment report daily & order to product schedule messages
- Up-date shipping notification in SAP - supplier confirmed delivery dates within 24hrs of placing purchase orders
- Actively pursue vendor lead-time reduction
- Maintain & action price reporting, liaising with vendors & Pricing Manager any disputes
- Proactive communication
- Reporting any vendor changes, constraints, recovery plans to deliver 5 star internal customer service
- Communicating in a timely, polite & effective manner to Hub, network, vendors &sales department
Projects & enhancement for improvements:
Identify areas within the Supply Planning department for improvement
Actively become involved with improvement project
Promoting best working practices within the company community
Active involvement in SAP test upgrades
Pay rate - £ p/h PAYE
Posted 36 days ago