Customs Clearance Operator - Glasgow | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Customs Clearance Operator
22000.0000 - 300000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Here at First Achieve our specialist Freight Forwarding team are recruiting for our key partner a leading Global Forwarder for several positions of Customs Clearance Operators at their Glasgow/Paisley offices.
We are keen to speak with candidates with experience of working within a Global Freight Forwarder and with Customs entries/clearance knowledge and experience.
Salary is dependent upon experience, remote/home working at times may be required at times due to the Covid restrictions.
- Responsible for calculating and processing customs clearances including duties and taxes to be paid.
- Issuing the correct documents on behalf of the customer to ensure that customs are cleared in a timely and efficient manner allowing shipments to continue their journey.
- Key part of this role is the liaison with customs officials, subcontractors and customers.
- Expected to have and continue to build a good understanding of all relevant customs related laws and therefore you will be able to advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters.
- Liaise with all customers, suppliers, government agencies, freight forwarders, importers, exporters et al as required to prepare and process custom clearances.
- Experience of working within a customer facing environment and Customs clearance processing with a basic understanding of the law and regulations surrounding Customs Clearance requirements.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst working effectively under their own initiative with a flexible adaptable approach.
Initial and further training will be provided, it essential that you have worked within the Freight Forwarding Sector in an operational function and as such we will only be able to respond to candidates that meet the criteria due to expected high volume of applicants.