Technical Support Engineer - Stockport | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Technical Support Engineer
£25000 - £32000 per annum + + shift allowance + benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Technical Support Engineer - Stockport
We have partnered with a leading Software company currently expanding their team, they are looking to recruit a Technical Support Engineer to join them on a permanent basis in Stockport.
As a successful candidate you will join the Response Coordination Centre. The role of the Response Coordination Centre team is to provide technical support to effectively coordinate and resolve all customer's reported incidents within stringent SLA timescales as well as provision of support to internal business functions.
Daily duties of the Technical Support Engineer;
- Proactively monitoring large scale business-critical systems.
- Being able to make application-sensitive decisions to mitigate potential disruption to service and filtering automated system alerts.
- Providing live system support via telephone and emails.
- All technical tasks are carried out with accuracy after an assessment of risks when performing action on live systems.
- Maintaining excellent communication with customers, stakeholders and internally.
- Focusing on following internal procedures and deploying quality in all duties undertaken.
**This position will run on a 24hour shift rotation across 3 shifts.
- Familiarity with the use of incident management and reporting tools with a demonstrable detailed experience working in a customer facing role would be a prerequisite.
- Being able to multi-task within a fast-paced and highly structured environment.
- Having excellent spoken and written communication skills whilst being able to apply logical thinking in an engineering capacity.
- Coming from a strong software engineering or computing background would be beneficial.
- Flexibility and willingness to work shifts is essential.
You will receive high quality training and have the opportunity to grow and develop your career within a thriving company.
To learn more about this fantastic opportunity, please apply with an up to date CV in the first instance.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.