EHCP Amendment Officer - Ealing | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
EHCP Amendment Officer
Ealing, Greater London, England
£14.23/hour Umbrella Pay/Holiday Pay/Pension Scheme
Unspecified (Full time)
Adecco are recruiting for a EHCP Amendment Officer for a West London local authority.
EHCP Amendment Officer
Remote working until council offices re-open so must be able to travel to Ealing
Full time - 35 hours per week
Temporary role - 3 months (possible extension)
£ per hour PAYEPURPOSE OF ROLE:
1. To assist in the management and coordination of a large caseload relating to the statutory assessment and annual reviews of Education Health and Care Plans for children with special educational needs (SEN) in line with the Children and Families Act (2014) the SEN Code of Practice (2015).
2. To assist in the management and coordination of travel applications sent into the SEN travel assessment officers. Meet timescales for travel applications.
3. To support the SEN service by efficiently completing written amendments to EHC plans following annual reviews to ensure that EHC plans are up to date, clear, relevant and to a consistently high standard in line with statutory guidance.
4. To promote a collaborative and integrated approach to updating EHCPs and completing travel assessment applications, working with parents, schools and other agencies involved with individual children and young people to ensure that the EHCP is collaboratively produced as required by SEN Code of Practice (2015).
1. Drafting amendments to Education Health and Care plans following annual review at Key stages.
2. Drafting initial drafts for Education Health and Care plans to a high quality.
3. Analyse new information from a number of sources to enable accurate updating of the EHC plans.
4. Working closely with education, health and social care staff to ensure a collaborative approach to amending EHC Plans, including requesting advice from professionals where needed.
5. To ensure that the quality of EHCP amendments are to a consistently high standard which follow the principal of the 'golden thread' and effectively prepare children and young people for adulthood.
6. Ensure that all draft EHCPs are an accurate representation of information provided as these amendments will be subject to potential tribunal appeals.
7. Supporting the SEN team with completing the statutory assessment process within statutory timescales.
8. Complete travel application within the allocated timescales.
9. To efficiently and accurately type and record a range of documents including letters and reports using the SEN database.
10. To operate a complex computerised database in order to track and record information on individual children. This involves using workflows, creating records, updating information, typing/generating emails, letters and reports and actioning Panel minutes as directed by senior officers.
11. To draft letters/emails on behalf of senior officers where required
12. To understand and apply the principles of confidentiality in all aspects of the work of the section.
13. To undertake other such administrative duties at a similar level to those described which may be allocated from time to time.
14. To carry out all duties with regard to the Council's equalities and diversity policies and customer care policies.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser