Kitchen Porter - Stockport - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 20d23e
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Stockport - This Area Only
9.2100 - 10.2100
Temporary (Full time)
Job Title: Kitchen Porter
Location/Trust: Stockport Stepping Hill SK2 7JE
Department: Catering Patients
Band/Pay rate: 2 £ per hour
Hours: Monday - Sunday rota basis. Any 5 days out of 7 can be hours from - 20 hours per week required.
Can you bring your excellent catering skills and knowledge to our Catering Department?
Would you like to be part of a team that works well together, always there to help each other? Would you like to work in a Trust that recently had outstanding in their CQC report? This location is easily accessible by public transport and has onsite parking.
If you answered yes, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust would love to hear from you.
We have a temporary placement opportunity available for a Kitchen Porter at Stepping Hill Hospital. They will be providing the following support to the catering team
We require an enthusiastic individual to assist the team in delivering patient food trollies to the wards and departments on site with the addition of some small cleaning tasks you would find in a large kitchen.
- * Working as part of the food production team in a variety of roles within the department providing a first class service for patients and staff within the trust
* To be actively involved in the development of both staff and patient food services.
* Following trust and departmental guidelines and protocol.
* Displaying leadership and a flexible positive attitude ensuring the department is run as efficiently as possible.
* Maintaining a safe clean working environment .Reporting any concerns to the management team.
* To develop an understanding of any food management systems within the department.
* Attending any training as directed by the management team and provides training to other staff groups.
* You will be required to prepare and cook special diet meals as directed by the management team. Full training will be provided.
* Following standard recipes and striving to reduce waste to a minimum. Provide training and support for other members of the department when necessary.
* Completion of all HAACCP paperwork as required within the department ensuring all paperwork is correctly signed and dated.
* To be involved in the training of staff where appropriate and the population of rotas.
* Dealing with telephone enquiries, recording messages and referring calls within the department as appropriate.
* Using the uniforms provided and meeting the required standards of dress including the displaying of name badge
The skills required are
- Catering knowledge
- Good manual dexterity and ability to work at speed high level
- High level of personal hygiene
- Preferable food safety knowledge level 2 food hygiene trained
Stepping Hill Hospital is located on Poplar Grove Stockport and it is easily accessible via both car and public transport. There is on-site parking (fees will apply). It has an on-site restaurant where staff are eligible for a discount. There is also a café where drinks and light snacks are available. There are also on-site shops and free Wi-Fi.
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: -
- Competitive Pay Rates- work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Build holiday allowance
- Support when you need it - 24/7 365 days
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don't have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion
Please note that you will be contacted via e-mail throughout the recruitment process, so please check your e-mails regularly.
We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Successful applicants will be contacted after the closing date.