Software Engineer - Oxford | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
Contract (Full time)
Are you a software engineer into Mobile Robotics, and have a desire to work with some of the most brilliant minds in the industry?
Then we have just what you are looking for, come and join the team at RACE, (Remote Applications in Challenging Environments). RACE is part of UK Atomic Energy Authority, and together they are working help shape the future of the world`s energy playing a part in our carbon-free energy future.
We know that we can only solve any challenge by working with others. Learning with the best is the premise of our national and international collaborations.
Your role will support RACE projects with software engineering expertise, producing software for robotic remote handling and related systems and working on the design and execution of advanced research projects.
You will be part of a dynamic, growing, and energized team - and your role is key to the success of RACE's projects. While your job duties may fluctuate day to day, here are some areas we expect to see you proficient in:
* Responsible for the specification, design, and implementation of software for robotic systems and graphical user interface software.
* Assist in the procurement of application infrastructure, software modules, and services.
* Develop or improve/extend software as part of research and technology projects.
* Diagnose issues and propose solutions considering both technical and human factors.
* Work with internal and external partners to establish requirements and achieve project goals.
* Contribute to the team by participating in shared planning, problem solving and reviews, sharing knowledge and helping colleagues.
* Manage own tasks over days or weeks with attention to quality, timescales and communication.
* Provide technical support for relevant systems and software development help and advice to other group members.
* Apply good software development practices and quality standards.
Qualifications / Experience:
* Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Software Engineering or technical subject or equivalent knowledge and experience.
* Experience of developing software used by others in an academic and/or professional environment.
* Demonstrable ability to develop working, understandable software in at least one language used in relevant applications (. C++, Qt, Python).
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants