Accounts Assistant - Yorkshire and the Humber - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 20d70d5540444bb9a910a46818105699
Yorkshire and the Humber - This Area Only
£23000.00 - £25000.00 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
Optimum Recruitment Group are proud to be working with this large and successful business based in Huddersfield to appoint an Accounts Assistant.
Make your application after reading the following skill and qualification requirements for this position.
As Accounts Assistant you will carry out key functions in the areas of accounting for a subsidiary company, support and back-up accounting for companies in Norway and the Baltics as well as providing support for the Analytical team in the form of generating reports (short term) and invoicing for our UK & Ireland companies.
Hours of work: 9:00am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday ( hours per week).
Your main duties will include:
- Responsible for a subsidiary company’s accounts including, assets and depreciation, balance sheet control, VAT return, and assisting with sales and purchase ledger.
- Responsible for supporting the Finance Manager with the accounts for Norway and the Baltics.
- Assisting the UK and Ireland accounts team as directed by the Finance Manager (UK).
- Assist with meeting monthly, year-end, statutory and the Group reporting deadlines.
- Assist with the generation of invoices for our UK and Ireland team.
- Provide cover and assist with generating existing reports within the Analytical team (short term).
- Help support the process of handing over duties from the Analytical team to other departments.
- To provide holiday and sickness cover.
- To carry out other duties as specified from time to time by the Finance Manager (UK).
To be successful you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- High level Excel skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines