1st Line IT Support Apprentice - Reading - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
1st Line IT Support Apprentice
Reading - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
itQED is an IT support business run by a team of enthusiastic, qualified engineers based on the A4 near Reading.
Their engineers are highly qualified in HP and Microsoft technologies and provide IT support to companies of all sizes in the area.
itQED is a young and dynamic company offering great opportunities in the IT industry and the potential for good career progression.
This is an opportunity to join a Value Added Reseller / Systems Integrator as a 1st Line IT Support Apprentice.
Responsibilities and duties:
Initially the role would involve:
- Logging calls on the helpdesk
- Answering customer queries and learning customers IT systems
- The 1st Line Support (Apprentice) will assist the IT Helpdesk Manager with providing 1st and 2nd line helpdesk support and the installation, maintenance and administration of computer equipment and associated software, telecoms and audio visual systems
Technologies that the successful candidate would become familiar with would include:
- Windows 7
- Server 2012
- Exchange Server
- Hyper V Virtualisation
- Cloud services
- Networking, Storage
- An enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills
- An Interest in IT and career progression within the company
- Attention to detail
It will be highly beneficial to have a clean full driving license, as well as your own car because eventually, you will be working at 2 or more locations. To be confirmed upon interview
- This apprenticeship will require dedicated and focused individuals to be fully committed to their learning
- You will be working on potentially tight time scales so should be able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks effectively
- You may also be required to travel as part of your role
This is a fantastic apprenticeship that will require a successful candidates to be fully committed to their learning and developing their skill set.
- At least 5 GCSE’s, grades C and above or equivalent. Maths and English is a must
- A-levels and an IT Qualification are desirable, although not essential
itQED have a track record of employing and developing apprentices after their apprenticeships are completed, allowing them to continue learning and progress within the business.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.