Area Sales Manager - Paisley | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Area Sales Manager
Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland
55000.0000 - 60000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
DHL Global Forwarding UK are currently looking for an experienced Area Sales Manager, based in the Paisley/**Glasgow area, to proactively drive the growth of our increasing customer portfolio. This is a remarkable opportunity to join one of the world’s largest freight forwarding companies with an exceptional reputation globally. You will be responsible for driving new business across our Scotland and Northern Ireland** regions and will be leading a team of Territory Sales Managers (TSMs).
We provide a market leading salary of £55,000 to £60,000 per annum, based on experience along with a generous bonus schemes and a company car (or car allowance). As well as this, you will have access to an extensive range of DHL company benefits.
Your role as an Area Sales Manager
There are three key aspects to the role of Area Sales Manager:
- Lead the team of TSMs, ensuring targets are reached through coaching, regular performance reviews and leading by example
- Be a Station Ambassador for sales, ensuring that all commercial customer activities within the company are translated clearly to the station and sales management team
- Deliver new business at High Value Target (HVT) level using a healthy pipeline of customer contacts.
About you - you will have
- Experience in a competitive selling environment, within the shipping, freight forwarding and logistics industry
- Solid operational knowledge of Air and Ocean freight
- A good understanding of local market, industries, contacts, and decision makers within freight and logistics procurement
- Excellent communication skills with strong commercial sense and understanding
- People management experience is preferred
What we will provide you:
- A market leading annual salary of £55,000 to £60,000per annum
- Generous bonuses based on volume and GP targets
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays in lieu
- Deutsche Post & DHL Share Incentive plan
- A generous pension through the DHL Group Retirement Plan
- Life assurance for pension scheme members - up to 4x salary
- Health club membership discounts and eye care discounts
- Access to DHL Advantages - a wide range of offers on leading brands, everything from mobile phones to days out and supermarket shopping
- Reward and Recognition programmes including employee of the month/year, long service awards and CEO awards
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave
- Charity and volunteering support through DHL Foundation
- Annual reviews to identify your potential for further development and progression
- Employee helpline providing free and confidential legal, financial and health advice
DHL Global Forwarding is the Group's world leader in the transportation of Air freight, one of the leading providers in both Ocean and Road freight. We offer standardised transport as well as highly specialised end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally. We operate in 150 countries around the world, employing over 42,000 employees.
Please note: This position is currently home based, however, once restrictions are lifted, you will be required to regularly travel to our stations in the Glasgow area along with attending customer meetings. You will also travel to our Northern Ireland station, approx. once a month.
If you’re ready to create a name for yourself within one of the world’s largest companies within the industry, then Apply Todayand let us utilise our platform to provide the next step in your career.
The company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore, we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.