Proof Reader - Pontefract | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Pontefract, Wakefield, England
Permanent (Full time)
About our client -
Our client is an industry-leading print and design facility with a full service capability, specialising in the Restaurant, Bar, Nightclub and Drink industries among others. Following the business’s continued success and growth we are looking for a Proof Reader to join our team.
Our building is located in South Kirkby, near Pontefract, West Yorkshire and is easily commutable from Leeds, Doncaster, Sheffield, Wakefield and Barnsley.
The Position -
Your role as a Proof Reader would include checking both print and digital literature copy. You must be a flexible, self-motivated team player who is able to simultaneously manage time and workload on multiple projects. The role requires excellent attention to detail, spelling, grammar and punctuation. Alongside ensuring that individual client styles and guidelines are adhered to on a wide variety of print and digital output. Day-to-day work could also include verifying text, diagrams, images and page/column breaks, as well as also making sure there is no confusing or inaccurate information present. We are looking for team players, with a ‘can do’ attitude. Due to the nature of the business and of the working environment, you must be adept at working under pressure and at meeting tight deadlines.
The role will mainly include -
• Proofing of print and digital materials
• Ability to write copy, adhering to brand guidelines
• Provide feedback to Studio Designers on their spelling and grammatical issues • Provide feedback to the Management of repeated quality issues
Key Skills/Experience -
- Excellent English writing and grammar skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good working knowledge of Adobe applications, particularly InDesign and Acrobat (desirable)
- Understanding of other European languages (desirable)
- Must be comfortable changing priorities quickly
- Must be comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Excellent timekeeping
- Positivity and Enthusiastic
Please APPLY NOW to be considered