Chief Marketing Officer
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
VMAGROUP are delighted to be supporting Speakers for Schools in their search to appoint a new Chief Marketing Officer.
Founded by ITV Political Editor Robert Peston (Trustee), and chaired by Andrew Law (Caxton Associates), Speakers for Schools was created to help level the playing field for UK state schools and their students by giving them the same access to the UK’s leading figures from politics, business, science, sport, the arts and more, as that enjoyed by private schools.
In 2016 the charity launched their experience programme, working with their outstanding network of speakers and partner employers to offer young people amazing work experience opportunities.
In the Summer of 2021, they launched the pioneering social mobility app, Youth Card to give every young person access to the world of life and career preparing opportunities.
This innovative charity is looking to appoint an experienced Chief Marketing officer with a passion for technology and the part it can play in engaging with young audiences.
The overall purpose of the role is to strategically lead Speakers for Schools, marcomms, social, PPC, digital and print channels and platforms, press, campaigns, technology services, brand & reputation, supporting the charities services, events, outreach activities
Ideal candidates will be looking for a demanding role in a fast moving and entrepreneurial environment with a mission to change the path of many young people’s futures.
You will need:
- Experience on senior leadership teams (SLT) contributing to the executive and board level strategies
- Experience in successfully leading regional and national marketing and PR campaigns
- Leading on organisational campaign and marcomms roadmaps
- Managing small to medium sized marketing and PR teams
- Brand strategist and experience in developing reputable brands, and designing complex brand name architecture and brand guides
- Market research and analysis
- GDPR fluent, particularly when it comes to youth audiences
- Brand and PR reputation management
- Resilient under pressure and thrives in start up and scale up culture
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing 6/7 figure budgets
- KPI and data focused and building strategies on impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills