Logistics Manager - South East - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 211527af04764efca3b5bbee2ea335bb
South East - This Area Only
£30000.00 - £37000.00 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
Logistics Manager Reading, Berkshire About Us Driven by innovation, Sapphire Balconies is the nation’s leading balcony specialist.
All potential applicants are encouraged to scroll through and read the complete job description before applying.
We’re a well-established family firm who are passionate about challenging traditional methods and going above and beyond to deliver an unrivalled service.
We are currently looking for a Logistics Manager to join our talented team in Reading.
- Salary of £30,000
- £37,000 DOE
- Bonus, pension and private healthcare (after probation)
- 22 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Remote working options This is the ideal role for a warehousing, storage and transport admin professional to advance their career and take on a new challenge supporting our construction activities.
Taking on this key role will see you working across our business and ensuring commercial focus is applied to the movement of our balconies and associated goods.
You’ll discover a department of dedicated professionals who are eager to help you settle in so that you, in turn, can support their work.
What’s more, after a probation period, a range of benefits will kick in, making this a highly rewarding position that will also enable you to develop professionally.
So, if you are ready for your next step and are eager to drive your professional life to the next level, we’re waiting to hear from you.
The Role As the Logistics Manager, you will be tasked with overseeing the transportation of all balconies and goods, ensuring that all lorries are adequately loaded and routes are planned effectively.
Planning ahead for storage and transportation requirements, you will mark up site plans for balcony storage and update them as required.
You will prepare and assist with lorry loading plans and building sequence drawings and will ensure dispatch notes are signed and scanned to support effective record keeping.
Additionally, you will:
- Co-ordinate shunts from the factory to the storage yard
- Maintain regular communication with storage and transport companies
- Ensure records of materials in storage are effectively kept
- Enter storage and shunting orders onto the accounting system
- Proactively research new storage solutions and providers
- Check and approve storage invoices
- Visit and approve storage locations on a regular basis
- Support the transport manager to arrange balcony deliveries About You To be considered as the Logistics Manager, you will need:
- At least two years’ related experience in warehousing, storage or transport administration
- Experience with warehousing, route planning and accountancy systems
- A valid CSCS card
- Exceptional organisation and time managements skills
- The ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Good analytical and numeracy skills
- Good IT skills including MS Office, accounting and planning software
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A full, valid driving licence, preferably with no points Other organisations may call this role Logistics Supervisor, Stock and Logistics Manager, Warehousing and Logistics Manager, Storage and Logistics Manager, Logistics Operations Manager, or Customer Fulfilment Manager.
Webrecruit and Sapphire Balconies are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Logistics Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit.
The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency