Maintenance Engineer - Oldham - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 21206f
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Oldham - This Area Only
£42000/annum Please see advert
Permanent (Full time)
Position: Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias)
£42,000 per annum + Bonus (Capped at £5k)
33 Days Holiday (increasing by 1 day per year following 2 years of service)
Unlimited Overtime available
T+1/2 after 12 hours until noon or midnight Monday to Friday & all day Saturday
Double Time Sunday
OT rates are paid for full shift at weekends
Matched Pension – up to 10%
Training/upskilling offered and encouraged
Discount on goods
Hours: Rotating Days & Nights. 12 Hour Shifts. Every other weekend off (Please call to discuss pattern)
Environment: Well managed, state of the art, fully automated distribution site with fantastic facilities.
Opportunity: Excellent Training & Development investment available and genuine career progression opportunities across multiple sites.
The company and group:
An established and multi branded digital retailer who are a desirable employer of choice and employ over 2000 people in the UK.
Due to recent development we are looking for 2 dynamic mechanically biased Maintenance Engineers to work within a team of 5.
Duties will involve maintenance, repair and fault finding of all automated material handling equipment, packaging machinery and associated equipment as well as maintain facilities on site, for example;
* Mechanical – Dematic Conveyors, Baumer sorting/checking equipment and associated kit - Motors, Drives, Hydraulics, Pneumatics
* Electrical – Invertors, Contactors, Relays, Control Panels
* PLC’s (Siemens) – Fault finding only, no programming required
* Facilities – Sprinklers, Alarms, Lighting etc
* Welding and Fabrication (upskilling offered if needed/desired)
As part of a multi-disciplined team, you will be required to undertake scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on equipment listed above, supporting reliable and efficient running of all machinery at various sections of this large and busy site. There is also significant investment in asset upgrade so taking part in ad-hoc projects will also be required.
Desired Skills and Experience
* City and Guilds Level 3 qualified in Mechanical Engineering discipline.
* Proven experience of working in an FMCG / Packaging / High Speed/ Materials Handling environment preferably within the manufacturing, production, ecommerce related environment.
* Must be competent working on mechanical, hydraulic, and compressed air systems.
* Methodical mindset with excellent problem-solving initiative.
* Dynamic and professional individual who can work autonomously and without supervision.
* Team Player who contributes ideas and is passionate about continuous improvement initiatives.
* Strong customer service and communication skills.
* Can do attitude, willingness to learn and develop skillset over time.
If this opportunity is of interest and you would like to apply, then please email Adam Calderwood with an up-to-date copy of your cv