Security Analyst II - Welwyn Garden City | Zoek UK | 2125ae99cef5459796063ebecabfa801
Security Analyst II - Cyber Platforms
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
About the role
As a Security Analyst, you will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations within our Security team. You will be responsible for monitoring and responding; appropriate prioritisation based on impact and urgency is a key skill for this role.
You will also be required to analyse and gain insight from large, complex datasets, focusing on investigating live issues and opportunities for change, development and improvement within your area of specialism. Attention to detail, and an ability to spot trends, will be crucial to gaining insight into complex, often global questions.
You will be responsible for
The role may require analysis of issues and opportunities in a wide range of underlying technologies: you will work closely with other team members and teams to understand key concepts in these technologies and inform your analysis. You will be required to articulate the results of your analysis to others in order to inform improvements to processes and systems.
Within the DLP team, you will be responsible for ensuring that sensitive and confidential data detection and prevention controls are appropriate and in line with our security policies. You will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to streamline our support processes and enhancements that can be made in our systems.
You will need
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- A broad understanding of security concepts; an interest and passion for Cyber Security.
- An analytical mindset; demonstrated ability to break down and analyse complex problems to gain insight using disparate and large-scale data sources.
- Attention to detail and the ability to spot trends in data.
- An ability to effectively prioritise your work given conflicting demands.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: articulating insight gained through data analysis to team members and those outside the team; making recommendations for next steps and remedial actions/improvements.
- Showing consistently high energy levels; aspiring to make a significant difference over and above your core responsibilities.
- Working within a large-scale organisation a plus; working as part of a team crucial.
- An understanding of Data Leak Prevention concepts and controls desirable; experience working in a similar team a plus.
- Bachelors degree or demonstrable experience required; advanced degree a plus.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter.
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
What’s in it for you
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to % of base salary.
- Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day.
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-% contribution rate.
- LifeAssurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Healthcare and dental options.
- Buy As You Earn Scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares and save tax after 3 months of service.
- Save As You Earn Scheme which gives you the opportunity to save direct from your pay for three or five years with the option of using your savings to buy Tesco shares at a discounted price after 1 year of service.
- Access to Tesco Learning and Development Academy.
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank.
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses.
- Cycle to work and Car Share Schemes.
- Onsite discounted Nuffield Health Gym.
- Subsidised Canteen.
About The Cyber Security Team
Our cyber security team are the eyes and ears of our organisation. We use the latest technologies to increase visibility and protection of systems, services and data. To do this we need to stay ahead of the latest threats and continuously improve our tooling, techniques, and processes.
Responsible for developing and running security processes day-to-day for the Tesco Group, we’re continually working to step change security capability to further enhance the protection and controls that we offer for our customers and colleagues across the UK, Europe and Asia, and we’re looking to add great people to our growing team.
We believe that skilled and passionate people are our greatest asset in reducing risk to our business and customers. We encourage and support continual development and learning, and recognise the importance of keeping up with changes in technology and an evolving threat landscape.
Communication is key – working collaboratively with our software and systems engineering teams to support security throughout the development lifecycle, as well as to build proactive monitoring and responses to security events.
About the Data Leak Prevention Team
As a leading retailer, with 450,000 colleagues, we serve millions of customers every week, in our stores and online. With around 80 million shopping trips per week, we have a significant amount of data to secure and safeguard. The Data Leak Prevention team is using enterprise security technology, automation and analysis to ensure that our data and our customer’s data is protected, whilst enabling the business to continue.
The Data Leak Prevention team is made up of Security Architects, Security Engineers and Security Analysts working across the Tesco group to develop and deploy new DLP capabilities and respond effectively in order prevent incidents and minimise risk.