Committee Assistant - London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
London, Greater London, England
Contract (Full time)
To provide high quality support to the Committee Services team and to undertake various administrative functions to support the Authority’s meeting-related processes, including clerking meetings as necessary.
* To clerk such boards / committees / bodies as may be assigned and undertake the full range of support activities, including reviewing transcripts of meetings, scheduling of meetings, preparation of draft reports, agendas and minutes, drafting of accurate records of meetings and the provision of other meeting-related support for the Authority in accordance with the Directorate’s policies and procedures.
* To co-ordinate and monitor action taken to implement decisions of the relevant bodies, and ensure that the relevant officers are kept informed on progress.
* To provide a support service to relevant manager(s) to enable them to progress the business of the Authority
* To establish and maintain various administrative systems to support the Authority in carrying out its functions.
* To provide support to Committee Services officers in managing day-to-day committee business.
* To develop and maintain systems and procedures for the retention, retrieval and provision of accurate information related to the relevant meetings and bodies.
* To utilise resources allocated to the job in accordance with the Authority’s policies and Code of Ethics and Standards.
* To realise the benefits of London’s diversity by promoting and enabling equality of opportunities, and promoting the diverse needs and aspirations of London’s communities and the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participating in multi-disciplinary cross-department and cross-organisational groups and project teams.
* This job is ‘politically restricted’ under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989