Fire Safety Technical Officer - Huddersfield | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Fire Safety Technical Officer
Huddersfield, Kirklees, England
Temporary (Full time)
Seven Resourcing are looking for a Fire Safety Technical Officer to fill an exclusive position supporting the Service Manager with the strategic, operational, and financial management of the business across Huddersfield.
As a Fire Safety Technical Officer, you will do quality assurance checks of Fire Risk Assessments received from external consultant prior to upload to Fire Risk Register, monitoring and reporting of Fire Risk Assessment Actions on the Fire Risk Register.
· Responsible for the development and implementation of all required policies and procedures in relation to fire safety ensuring compliance with all legislative requirements.
· Ensure that all relevant information is captured and uploaded into the Compliance Risk Database.
· Manage and undertake FRA inspections and programme, including risk management of assets.
· Be responsible for identifying the technical solutions for fire safety works, and support investment teams in the delivery of major schemes, repair teams and contractors in the delivery of minor works.
· Responsible for liaising with other professional bodies including Building Control and the Fire Service.
· Responsible for identifying all fire related risks and issues across the portfolio and design, arrange and oversee the necessary remedial actions and work packages.
· Assist the compliance team in monitoring that remedial actions identified through the FRAs are being delivered within a timely manner.
· Be an ambassador for fire safety across the organisation and work with Health & Safety and other colleagues to ensure best practice in this area is adopted wherever deemed appropriate.
· Direct all operational aspects of relevant business/service area.
· Plan, co-ordinate and deploy resources and workload appropriately to meet service and business demands.
· Work collaboratively with Service Managers and other General Managers to monitor, analyse and deliver improvements across all relevant performance indicator areas to increase customer satisfaction.
· Prepare detailed, clearly written reports on key issues. When required present verbal reports to the Senior Leadership Team and/or Board.
· Participate in organisation wide service reviews and service planning acting as a lead sponsor as required and ensuring reviews are delivered through to conclusion and any arising recommendations are implemented as appropriate.
· Provide vision and leadership to the team by managing people, performance, development, health and wellbeing issues and resources effectively and in line with relevant policies and procedures.
· Build a culture to expect change as a part of doing business successfully and actively assists others to adapt and cope.
· Contribute to the development of policies and processes across the organisation to ensure that high quality consistent services are delivered.
· Experience: Knowledge and experience in this area.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards, and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help