Team Leader - Reading - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Team Leader - Network Security Support Team - NGFW
Reading - This Area Only
45000.0000 - 70000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Security Support Function Team Lead
Remote Working Possible - Ideally 1-2 Days in Berkshire
£50,000 - £70,000 PA
You will join to lead and support the specialist Security support team along with the Support Co-ordinator ensuring the team deliver a high quality of service to all customers.
Whilst, perhaps rather obviously leadership and management skills are required they are somewhat desirable, what is essential, is that you bring a wealth knowledge around Network Infrastructure Security - especially within Check Point, ideally holding CCSE or CCMSE certification
Within your role you will be have the following responsibilities
- Ensure ongoing outstanding customer experience
- Ensure support services, customer facing or not, are continuously improved
- Act as the primary escalation point for all support escalations
- Develop and maintain formal and informal criteria set that allow identification of tickets to be reviewed for improvement
You will have the following personal / individuals responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Support Co-ordinator to identify tickets that require internal review
- Assist the engineers with diagnosis and resolution of L1 and L2 severity tickets
- Manage and oversee tickets that require vendor escalation to view to expedite resolution
- Manage and oversee tickets that have been escalated by the customer ensuring the ticket is worked to the satisfaction of the customer and all relevant parties are kept up to date until ticket is resolved.
- Review project plans and sign off sheets from the Security Implementation Team to ensure they include relevant information for support handover.
- Review tickets prior to vendor escalation
- Report on performance and wellbeing of team members monthly to the Head of Technical Solutions
- The support functions on a 24/7 basis with escalation for P1 calls only. You may be required to participate in a 1 week on/5 weeks off out of hours rota to deal with any P1 tickets.
Skills, knowledge and competency required for this role:
- Ability to prioritise work under pressure, work without supervision and use initiative to ensure that tickets are resolved in the most efficient manner.
- Check Point Certified Security Expert (essential)
- Check Point Certified Security Master
- Previous knowledge and experience as a senior Check Point support engineer
- 1+ years of Team-lead / managing a team of support engineers (desirable)
- Solid understanding of networking technologies and network troubleshooting tools
- Possess a thorough understanding of the Check Point Firewall and Endpoint suite
- Experience of providing telephone support for F5 and remote service such as i-rule development (desirable)
- Experience in supporting Forcepoint/Websense and be familiar with the V-series appliances, Cloud based and Hybrid service (desirable)
This role will see you working with a extremely highly rated and well position CheckPoint partner, working with some of the best support and PS engineers and consultants in the country
You will receive and excellent salary, market leading tech to "play with" and the ability to help manage a first class support function