Early Years work based Tutor - Coventry | Zoek UK | 214d3b
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Early Years work based Tutor
Permanent (Full time)
At SCCU We are looking for dynamic, resourceful and mindful work-based tutors with an attention to detail who will significantly impact the growth and development of our learners. The Tutor to have experience working across "Early Years" programmes.
This is an opportunity to be a fundamental cog in an agile team that is responsive to the needs of our learners and support our strategic goal of being a market leader in education.
As a key member of the team, you will play a lead role in progressing and enhancing the learning of learners within the organisation and beyond. We are keen to secure a high calibre tutor who can make a telling contribution to our forward-thinking team.
You will be pivotal in constantly stretching and challenging learners to achieve the best results possible in a timely manner.
- To thrive in organisations that constantly adapt and are excited by change.
- Are familiar with Ofsted's agenda and guidelines.
- Passionate about supporting people and growing together.
- Embraces challenges.
- A professional approach in all aspects.
- Pride yourself on attention to detail.
- Building relationships is something you excel at.
- Add value to our organisation and have a real impact on its future.
- You have the relevant skills, experience and mindset to deliver in this role.
- Car user – with full driving license.
- DBS check as appropriate.
- Mobile and flexible working is required.
- Willing to undertake training & development to meet the needs of the role.
- A strong commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of learners.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to Equality and Diversity.
- Comply with Health & Safety legislation and policy.
- Act with environmental sustainability in mind at all times.
- Competitive salary.
- Business mileage paid (currently at 25p per mile).
- 21 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- Regular feedback and individual development planning.
- Use of mobile phone and laptop.
Job Description: Work-Based Tutor
Our ever-ambitious team at SCCU is continually growing and we are looking for members to join the team. If you have a positive, ‘can-do' attitude and care about providing others with the opportunity to further their career, then we want to hear from you.
A work-based tutor will run and deliver apprenticeship programmes across the West Midlands. The role will require the successful candidate to have a good understanding of the delivery of Standards for Early Years.
A work-based tutor will inspire and ensure that every person that goes through the apprenticeship programme with us will have an opportunity to thrive and succeed. They will also be responsible for mentoring the apprentices during their work placements and ensuring they are in a safe environment where they can progress and learn.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability
- To deliver apprenticeships up to level 3.
- To undertake an appropriate initial assessment of learners to ascertain their starting point on the course.
- To assess learners' performance in the workplace.
- To deliver Functional Skills qualifications as part of an apprenticeship/traineeship framework.
- To work with employers in order to maintain their own caseload of learners.
- To maintain up-to-date and accurate records (e-portfolio) for each individual learner according to internal procedures.
- To carry out regular progress reviews with learners in order to track progress towards timely completions.
- To provide on-going information, advice and guidance with learners in order for them to reach their aspirations.
- To take an active role during standardisation meetings.
- To deliver training on 1:1 or group basis – face to face or online
- To comply with the internal quality assurance strategy in order to ensure that assessments are delivered to a high standard.
- To provide progression, retention and achievement information for the course being taught.
- To contribute to the self-assessment process which informs continuous improvement.
- To undertake appropriate training as identified through the classroom observation and line management process.
- To undertake any work required for the accreditation of courses.
- To keep up to date with curriculum development in the relevant subject areas.
- Carry out day-to-day administrative tasks assigned by the line manager.
- To work with new and current employers to ensure that learner recruitment targets are fully met on a monthly basis.
- To deliver inclusive and high-quality courses, materials and opportunities to all learners and to liaison with the Quality Assurance Managers to ensure and address the quality of work offered, and actively seek to eliminate any indirect or direct discriminatory practice or behaviours.
Personal Specification: Work-Based Tutor
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
A work-based tutor must have a passion for working with people, and be committed to raising standards, be reliable, enthusiastic and motivated. They must possess excellent communication, teamwork, leadership, ICT and management skills and be able to build and sustain effective working relationships with staff, parents and the wider community. Knowledge of the IV and EV process is desirable.
In addition to this
- Proven knowledge of effective teaching, learning and assessment practices to engage learners.
- Knowledge and understanding of standards up to level 3 with different awarding bodies.
- Knowledge of funding streams and funding requirements for the delivery of Apprenticeships, Traineeships and other skills programmes.
- Ability to support and motivate learners through difficult and challenging times.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage own diary.
- Ability to take learners through completion in a timely manner.
Education and Experience
- Degree educated or experience within the sector (essential)
- Teaching Qualification at level 5 or similar (desirable)
- Qualified Teacher Status (desirable).
- CAVA or equivalent qualified (essential).
- Experience of working with young people aged 16 plus.
- Experience of working in education, as a tutor, training and development environment with a demonstrable track record of successful outcomes.
- Proven experience of successfully managing the full learner journey; initial assessment, IAG, diagnostic, teaching-learning-assessment, including classroom and 1:1 delivery.
- Experience of using e-portfolio systems . Bud.
Job Type Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: From £23,000 - £26,000 per year (Depending on experience)