Data & Research Analyst - Aberbeeg | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Data & Research Analyst
Aberbeeg, Blaenau Gwent, Wales
Contract (Full time)
Are you a post-graduate with a background in Economics, Statistics or Maths?
My client in Newport, South Wales are a large government organisation. They are seeking a Data & Research Analyst on an initial 6 month contract basis (37 hours per week). The role is paying £145 per day for the duration of the contract, and this opportunity may well lead to a permanent role.
The purpose of this role is to conduct research and deliver improvements to economic statistics. These improvements could be in relation to the existing compilation methods, data sources or processes or through the development of entirely new methods, processes and/or data sources.
Key responsibilities will typically include:
- Conducting research and development with the aim of delivering changes and improvements to economic statistics.
- Manipulating and analysing data and/or information to produce clear and high quality qualitative and quantitative analyses which can be used to inform decision making
- Collaborating with a range of stakeholders (internal and external) to research, develop and (where appropriate) implement improvements, providing technical and analytical expertise.
- Providing subject matter expertise within their area of work.
- Ensuring their technical and analytical skills are kept up-to-date.
- Participating in and promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
Experience of data analysis using statistical programming software such as R, SAS, or Python would be highly advantageous.
Successful candidates may be required to undergo SC Clearance, therefore applicants must have resided in the UK for a minimum of three out of the last five years, in order to undergo this level of security check.
The role will start remotely, but office work will resume in some capacity in due course. Therefore, candidates who can commute to Newport would be desirable.