Business Analyst - Cambridge | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Business Analyst - Customs and VAT
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
20000.0000 - 30000.0000
Contract (Full time)
Our client, a technology company based near Cambourne, is looking for a Business Analyst - Customs and VAT. This is a 3 month FTC, full time position. Working with the Business Operations department, the principal purpose of the role will be: the reconciliation of the C79 certificate and postponed VAT accounting statement; analysis of imports to our client; and improving the completeness and accuracy of import related documentation.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Performing the reconciliation of the C79 certificate and ensuring the necessary documents are available (C88, commercial invoice) to evidence this
- Performing the reconciliation of the Postponed VAT statement and ensuring the necessary documents are available (C88, commercial invoice) to evidence this
- Contacting delivery companies and customs brokers to obtain missing documentation and where necessary make amendments
- Follow-up on customs records to ensure correct "importer of record" and import VAT charged to correct party
- Find and correct import entries that are incorrectly allocated to our client
- Ensure our client’s import VAT is only for imports on behalf of their part of the company.
Candidates will need to have:
- Strong experience with C79 and C88 certificates
- Strong experience with VAT accounting statements
- Strong experience with commercial invoices