Head Of Operations - Telford | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Head Of Operations
Telford, Telford and Wrekin, England
£68000 - £79000/annum Benefits and Car Package
Permanent (Full time)
A rare opportunity has arisen with our client based at their impressive site in Telford for a Head of Operations. A self-motivated and pro-active individual is required to join the Operations Division and position of leadership.
Boasting an 80-year history, this innovative and globally renowned company are market leaders in digital solutions. In the early days, the company were at the forefront of printer and facsimile design and more recently with focus on bringing people, technology and processes together for business transformation.
This is a key role within the organisation, and we are seeking someone to provide leadership across all aspects of Operations. You will have responsibility for developing operational strategy, ensuring the deployment of advanced manufacturing methods with lean principles and will be accountable for the achievement of excellent SEQCD and KPI measures.
Requirements within the role
* To develop strategy for the Operations Division in conjunction with the Operations General Manager
* Making sure resources and processes are in place to achieve both divisional and company targets
* To support and direct the Business Unit Committee leaders responsible for the development and delivery of KPI performance of all aspects of Operations and Supply Chain
* To be an advocate of the company wide production system
* Guide, mentor inspire and develop the Operations and Supply Chain team to their full potential
* Continuously strive to improve business performance
* Ensure legal compliance within all operational processes and practices
* Participate in the leadership of the company through the Senior Management Team
* Be an active member of the Business Management Team overseeing company wide performance
The role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis and will require a 37 hour working week. The position is offering a salary within a bracket of £68,761 - £79,076 and will be based on the level of relevant experience. A company car/ fuel allowance is also on offer along with Management Level benefits.
Experience, Key Skills and Attributes
For this important leadership position, our client is seeking someone who will act as a role model when it comes to company values. Someone who will help shape and lead the organisation in accordance with the company’s expectations and competencies helping to build high performance and happy teams.
Someone who has the ability to demonstrate excellent relationship management skills, both internally and externally. With directors and the wider organisation and who is able to build strong networks, someone who is seen as an influencer.
The ability to be strategic and visionary, to champion and drive forward the long term success of the company. Able to lead the organisation through change whilst ensuring organisational culture and wellbeing is sustained.
Also, someone who has the ability to understand and contribute to more technical production issues.
Qualifications & Experience
* Educated to degree level or equivalent is essential. Preferably within a Technical discipline
* Business Management qualification such as MBA is desirable or a commitment to complete a qualification at this level
* A proven career history within a manufacturing, supply chain or technical environment with previous management experience
* Extensive knowledge of modern manufacturing methods, supply chain methodologies, lean manufacturing techniques as well as wide industry knowledge and an understanding of the technical manufacturing markets are essential
How to apply
This is a unique opportuning to join an impressive organisation within a role where you will be involved in making a real difference.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to Gemma Turp. For a confidential conversation regarding this role, please call Gemma Turp on (phone number removed).
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via email to request specific feedback on your application.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (######_East), as well as Instagram (######) to hear about all of our latest jobs as well as company and industry company news