Permanent Distribution Operative (Double Days) - Chippenham | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent Distribution Operative (Double Days)
Chippenham, Wiltshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
An exciting but rare opportunity has arisen to work for a market leading company within the Distribution department based in Chippenham, due to expansion and an increase in sales we are looking for a permanent individual.
You must have a forklift or LLOP.
* 38 hrs per week contract.
* Double Days is on a 6 am to 2 pm and 2 pm to 10 pm shift pattern on alternative weeks; Monday to Friday basis no weekends
The main duties and responsibilities within the role are to:
* Work safely in a busy distribution environment - with your own and others safety of primary importance
* Maintain and promote safe ways of working
* Drive forklift or LLOP trucks to pick/pack pipe and yard/warehouse fittings in a highly accurate and efficient manner
* Replenish picking areas from bulk storage in a timely and efficient manner to prevent stock outs
* Register and put away products received from production
* Undertake other general distribution activities as required
* Seek to maintain and improve stock accuracy
To be considered for the role, you will ideally possess a forklift or low-level order picking licence and be able to demonstrate previous experience within a distribution environment.
You need to be highly efficient and accurate with a good eye for detail.
Forklift training will be provided to candidates who are keen to learn and develop.
* Previous experience of forklift and distribution work .
* Must be able to plan and organise activities of self
* Must be able to communicate effectively.
* Demonstrable flexibility and adaptable work ethic
* Willingness to embrace change and improve processes a systems develop
* Practical experience of Extrusion manufacturing process.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment