Accounts Assistant - West Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
West Midlands - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Our Accounting and Outsourcing team work to support our clients to better run their finance functions, understand their financial position and performance, and to ensure they are compliant with changing accounting and tax legislation. With the relentless pace of technology change our teams advise clients in areas such as process and digitalisation, business performance and financial reporting, while building enduring relationships that positions Mazars as a trusted adviser. Our successful team of more than 250 professionals is growing across all areas including cloud accounting, payroll, financial reporting and company secretarial.
- To ensure accurate and timely preparation of statutory financial statements for a range of UK and international clients, including both audited and unaudited financial statements.
- You will work under the direction of Seniors, Assistant Managers and Managers, providing high quality advice on their year-end compliance process and work with other teams to deliver an excellent client experience.
During your first year you will:
- Learn how to use accounting software and systems in order to prepare financial statements for clients' year end requirements. For unaudited clients, this represents preparing a file of supporting data and assisting clients with journal postings leading to the final preparation of the statutory financial statements. For audited clients, this is the preparation of financial statements from a trial balance, performing high level review and ensuring accurate disclosures for larger companies.
- Develop an understanding of financial statements and the nature of the clients' business.
- Take responsibility for upcoming workload, monitoring the staff planner to ensure availability of work.
- Co-ordinate with tax and audit hub to deliver client information as a whole; and
- IXBRL tagging.
During your second year you will:
- Manage your own client workload, reporting to your manage
- Build on all the points noted above.
- Take responsibility for more junior members of the team, offering them training in systems and processes and reviewing their work.
- Self-review your own work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers.
During your final year you will:
- During your final year you will:
- Learn how to prepare consolidated financial statements
- Have confident knowledge of accounting standards which you apply to a given set of year end financials.
- AAT final year student or AAT qualified or ACA first year student
- Good broad practical accounting and statutory financial statements preparation experience.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills and the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Training and Qualifications
We will fund your study towards the relevant qualification for the role.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business. We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.