Transport Co - Redditch | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Redditch, Worcestershire, England
23000.0000 - 30000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title:Transport Co-Ordinator
Salary:£23,000 - £30,000
Job Type :Permanent, Full Time
If you have previous experience in logistics, or transport admin, dealing import and export documentation or customs admin experience, we have an exciting position to be considered. You will be part of the Operations team, who organise production and the supply chain of products from the UK plants and warehouses to 3rd party domestic customers and Intercompany businesses.
Duties will include:
- Work closely with the logistics team smooth transport planning and execution
- Plan transportation between the Redditch warehouse and plants to Intercompany locations, by providing key information and complete any relevant documentation for each shipment to the agreed freight forwarder
- To ensure that all shipments are executed in an efficient and cost-effective manner and in line with the customers' expectations.
- You will make sure that shipments are monitored through to the specified delivery dates and ensure all delays in fulfilling the order are communicated
- Prioritise and arrange urgent shipments including air freight
- Provide support to the Logistics Manager for departmental tasks, including reporting, invoice checking
- Check and support with the approval of transport and logistics invoices
- Manage and update freight agreements including cost tables
- Monitor and report all complaints and non-conformance issues with forwarders and provide a regular report on performance
- Support and engage in negotiations around new service providers and tender arrangements
Skills and Experience needed:
- Logistics/ Transport experience is essential
- Ability to use SAP is an advantage but not essential
- Proven experience in a similar position
- MS outlook and MS Office - full proficiency in Word and Excel
- An understanding of KPIs and the importance of monitoring these on a regular basis
- Using Database systems (desired)
- Working within a fast-paced environment
If you feel that your skills and experience meet the required specification and this is the position you have been looking for then do not hesitate in clicking 'APPLY NOW'
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we are sometimes not able to respond directly to each candidate. If you haven’t been contacted within 14 days of your application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to SourceCo and the relevant client related to this vacancy.
SourceCo work in partnership with businesses across the UK who operate within Manufacturing, Logistics, Commercial and Further Education sectors. We provide temporary, permanent and contract opportunities engaging with talented candidates looking to make their next career move.
We know our clients; We know the marketplace; We look for innovation everywhere; We seize the day,
We are SourceCo.