Senior Project Manager - London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Project Manager - Data Centre Construction
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Due to an expanding portfolio our Industrial, Sciences and technology team in London are looking to appoint a Senior Project Manager to join our busy Data Centre team.
As a Senior Project Manager you support large-scale, ground-up data centre construction projects with our prominent technology clients across Europe. The role will be responsible for all aspects of project delivery, from inception through to commissioning.
Project Management, to include:
* Advising at a strategic level at the project conception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives;
* Leading the establishment of the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters;
* Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues;
* Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project;
* Project planning, including ensuring the production of the detailed project plan;
* Advising upon the procurement of resources;
* Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team;
* Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance;
* Managing the change control process;
* Monitoring and advising upon project finances;
* Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications;
* Ensuring the production of formal project progress and other reports; and
* Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
Internal management accountabilities, to include:
* Staff management (where appropriate)
* Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each project is input into the Turner & Townsend internal database;
* Financial management – Ensuring prompt client invoicing and utilising FMS in order to monitor a project’s financial status; and
* Process improvement – Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes.
Health and Safety
* Observe safety regulations;
* Conform to local and national laws and guidelines; and
* Depending upon context, a senior is likely to report to an Associate Director or Director