Health - Leicester | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Health, Safety & Environment Manager
Basic Salary : £35,000 - £45,000 + Company Pension + Usual Executive Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Privately owned manufacturing company looking for an experienced HSE Manager to join their forward thinking and growing business.
BASIC SALARY: £35,000 - £45,000
· Company Pension
· Usual Executive Benefits
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Nottingham, Northampton, Derby, Peterborough, Coventry
JOB DESCRIPTION: Health, Safety and Environment Manager / HS&E Manager / Health & Safety Manager : Packaging Manufacturer
This Health, Safety and Environment Manager role will provide leadership and facilitation for the successful implementation of their "Make It Safe" vision across the three UK sites. The job holder will be based at Head Office where they will be a key member of the leadership team and provide support to the operational management team.
They have made significant improvements in the management of health and safety in the past 5 years and they are striving to continually improve in this area. They are now looking for an inspiring HS&E leader who can help them engage their people and drive the next level of improvements and to successfully influence and promote the HS&E agenda within the company.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to make a real difference within a business that has secured investment for an exciting phase of development.
The successful person will also lead on the BRC accreditation. The ongoing management and continual improving of the BRC management system is key to our future success.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Health, Safety and Environment Manager / HS&E Manager / Health & Safety Manager : Packaging Manufacturer
As the Health, Safety and Environment Manager, you main responsibilities will include, but not restricted to:
· Act as a partner for the Managing Director on the implementation of the "Make It Safe" vision across the three sites.
· As part of the "Make It Safe" vision, you will play a key role in improving the management system, control of significant risks and health and safety cultures.
· Chairing the quarterly steering team meetings.
· Managing the risk register
· Working with the Group HS&E Manager to develop and implement group wide projects and initiatives.
· Providing support, advice and guidance to the operational management team.
· Providing HS&E support for infrastructure and new equipment projects.
· Ensuring a robust and effective health and safety management system is in place at the main site.
· Chairing monthly occupational health, safety, environmental and process safety review meetings.
· Leading on BRC accreditation.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Health, Safety and Environment Manager / HS&E Manager : Packaging Manufacturer
· Experience within a Health and Safety Management role, preferably within manufacturing.
· Experience of leading a team.
· Strong project and change management skills.
· A demonstrated ability to lead successful cultural improvement programs.
· NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent is preferred. NEBOSH certificate applications will be considered for the right person.
· An engaging approach with the ability to influence and develop relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business.
We are a privately owned packaging business employing over 1000 people across multiple sites and turning over in excess of £200m annually.
The company have a proven track record of promoting from within wherever possible.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the recruitment partner of our client.
REF: IP16334, Wallace Hind Selection