Training Manager - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Training Manager, Learning Experience Design
East London, Greater London, England
Contract (Full time)
CPL Life Sciences are working with a leading biotechnology company using the power of science to bring new medicines to patients in need.
The client have an exciting opportunity as a Training Manager. Learning Experience Design collaborates with Training Business Partners and to conduct needs assessments, select instructional models, and design instructional content.
A typical day in this role might include:
- Partnering with subject matter authorities to own the needs assessment, design, and development of custom content and facilitated experiences with supporting tools and materials
- Scoping needs by collaborating with internal and external partners to gather information needed to guide training plans that will define a best-in-class end user experience and drive performance
- Collaborating with partners and SMEs in order to understand business needs and translate them into learning and performance objectives
- Serving as the central point of contact and sharing feedback, support and direction to external vendors who are building learning assets for the Global Development Training team
- Actively supporting learning pilots, train-the-trainer sessions and observation exercises to ensure learning effectiveness and identify vital interventions
- Having the ability to blue-print, storyboard and prototype and move quickly to get partner feedback and agreement early in design process
- Writing clear, concise and user friendly instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Using existing style guides, imagery and templates
- Designing and creating learner-centered multimedia and technology-enhanced course materials and resources, including online modules, simulations, and graphical content
- Developing Train-the-Trainer materials to best prepare trainers/SMEs to deliver trainings with the highest level of quality and standards
- Developing content with a micro-learning approach
- Evaluating effectiveness of the quality of training through formal and informal methods; collect and report on data captured to advise program development and maintain relevance to job skills
- Tracking trends, monitoring learning effectiveness, evaluating content and adjusting as required
- Maintaining excellent knowledge of how people learn (., adult learning theories, neuroscience), instructional design models, state of L&D (AI, NLP, machine learning, etc)
- Researching and recommending innovative, new learning and knowledge management business solutions to meet evolving business needs
- Researching current and new technologies for improving existing content in alignment with performance objectives
This role may be for you if:
- You can take complex processes and concepts and build learning solutions that break them down in a concise and easy to understand format.
- You have proven experience in designing, developing and testing eLearning content
- Experience with multiple authoring tools (., Adobe Captivate, Lectora, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, etc.)
- You are adept at writing and crafting training materials for either in-person or online delivery. Experience working within an LMS
- You have experience in creating interview guides for video, editing video, and in creative design
- You are passionate about learning and performance and work well in ambiguous, constantly evolving landscape
- You have project management experience with ability to multi-task and advance activities across multiple concurrent workstreams
You are comfortable using modern learning management systems and virtual platforms like Adobe Connect
To be considered, you'll need a Bachelor's degree and at least three years of equivalent practical experience designing and developing learning solutions for a variety of formats and audiences (. instructor-led training, virtual instructor led training, e-learning, etc).