Geotechnical Estimator - Chesterfield | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Sewell Wallis are pleased to be working with a civil-engineering company located in Chesterfield who are on the search for an experienced Estimator to join their small yet dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of tendering work for geotechnical stabilisation such as rock slopes and retaining walls.
- Preparation of tender submissions including costs and programme, project values up to £4m.
- Processing new enquiries / database management.
- Develop winning strategies for tenders.
- Obtaining supplier / subcontractor quotations.
- Maximising sales/turnover whilst minimising company exposure to commercial risk.
- Client follow up.
- Site visits for tender evaluation, calculating quantities from drawings, building up
- Office based with site visits.
- 3 years experience estimating in a construction industry.
- Experience in the drilling or piling industry (preferred).
- Previous construction site experience outside of an Estimating role.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- IT literate (proficient in Excel)
- Excellent organisation skills with attention to detail.
- Driving license.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.