Clinical Research Director - Southampton | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Clinical Research Director
Permanent (Full time)
Clinical Research Director
Primerdesign, part of the Novacyt Group, is a leading provider of RT PCR solutions. We have thousands of happy customers based across the globe and have a real ambition to drive our business forward and achieve even more.
We’re currently looking for a Clinical Research Director to join our expanding R&D department in Southampton.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Group pension scheme
This exceptional opportunity is the perfect role for a high calibre clinical trials professional with Virology expertise, significant laboratory experience and a PhD (or MD) to advance, and continue to make a difference with, their career.
Directing clinical and IVD research within our ground-breaking organisation, you will be working at the forefront of the COVID-19 response and making a vast difference to the way this country manages and responds to the pandemic.
You will work alongside some of the best and brightest in the clinical sector in an environment where breakthroughs and discoveries are a regular feature.
As the Clinical Research Director, you will provide leadership and guidance for the scientific underpinning of our clinical trial deliverables.
You will develop and implement the overall vision for our clinical research and align this to our clinical trial data output and analysis.
As a key member of the R&D Leadership Team, you will have input into the operational running of the division and will develop an overall strategy to align with corporate goals.
Your role will also involve:
- Working with Clinicians to maximise scientific output from clinical trials
- Devising and delivering clinical development plans for global studies
- Providing high levels of scientific insight, strategic advice and guidance to operational colleagues
- Managing the execution of clinical plans and protocols globally
- Developing statistical analysis plans, reports and subsequent publications
- Taking overall responsibility for clinical trial regulatory body compliance and reporting
- Recruiting and supporting the training of new staff within the clinical trial
- Managing lab research
To be considered as the Clinical Research Director, you will need:
- A PhD (or MD) with a minimum of five years’ post-doctoral experience
- At least five years’ clinical trial experience (both locally and global)
- Expertise in Virology from clinical medicine or diagnostic development, ideally both
- Significant industry experience in clinical development
- Prior exposure to working directly with Regulatory teams on clinical trial projects
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
Previous statistical data analysis experience would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Clinical R&D Director, Head of Clinical Research, Clinical Trials Director, Head of Clinical Trials, Chief Laboratory Scientist, or Lab Trials Director.
Webrecruit, Primerdesign and Novacyt are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Clinical Research Director, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency