Baby Room Leader (Level 3) - Stafford | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Baby Room Leader (Level 3)
Stafford, Staffordshire, England
9.1000 - 9.7000
Permanent (Full time)
Baby Room Leader
A local quality nurturing nursery in the heart of Stafford are seeking a qualified childcare professional with responsibility of the day-to-day running of the baby room.
To be able to perform to high standard and provide stimulating varied activities throughout the day,supervising staff and giving guidance where needed.
You will need to be a creative and a reflective leader and able to implement new ideas and use a range of strategies to continually improve practice and support the management team with opportunities for career progression.
MAIN DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- To contribute to the creation of a safe, welcoming and inclusive
environment for all children ?
- To be aware of Butterflies Day Care Stafford's policies and
procedures and ensure these are adhered to ?
- To be responsible for the welfare of all children in your designated
room, organising systems to ensure consistent, high-quality care ?
- To be vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting
any concerns immediately - in accordance with child protection
and whistleblowing policies ?
- To deploy staff and resources effectively, maintaining ratios in
your room whilst supporting other rooms/nurseries ?
- To reflect on practice and routines, tailoring them to meet the
individual needs of each child throughout the day
- To lead planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age-
appropriate activities and ensuring your room is well-resourced
and creatively set-up ?
- To lead observations and the assessment of children's learning and
development ensuring records are kept up-to-date, are of a high
standard and are shared ?
effectively - includes Individual Education Plans for children with
Special Educational Needs.
- To develop genuine bonds with your key children and support and
monitor colleagues to sensitively fulfil their key person responsibilities
work in partnership with all parents/carers, building and
maintaining relationships that encourage trust, open communication and
involvement in nursery life
- To contribute to the effective recording and resolution of any
complaints or investigations, ensuring confidentiality at all times ?
- To be professional and a good role model to the children and other
staff members, at all times ?
- To work flexibly as part of the larger team, assisting and
supporting colleagues wherever required, in order to ensure the
smooth running of the company ?
- To be aware of the high profile of Butterflies Day Care Stafford
and refrain from irresponsible behaviour that could impact the
company's commercial success ?
- To attend reasonable out-of-working-hours activities, including
training, staff meetings, parents evenings and special events ?
assist in the development and support of other staff members by
communicating effectively, sharing knowledge and experience,
delegating tasks appropriately, identifying training needs, leading
meetings, inductions and 1-2-1s - with support from the nursery
management and senior management teams
- To respect and value all colleagues, children and parents,
encouraging a positive and diverse working environment
cooperate and work effectively with the management team, taking
on additional responsibilities/duties and positively promoting
developments in policies and procedures to team members
- To undertake any other aspects of nursery work according to need.
This job description is intended to give you an indication of the main duties, but is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
DBS on update service, or within 12 months of First Aid Certificate
Level 3 Childcare Qualification Paediatric First Aid
Right to work in UK
If this ticks all your boxes and interests you please get in touch!