Senior Credit Risk Analyst - Milton Keynes Village | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Credit Risk Analyst
Milton Keynes Village, Milton Keynes, England
Permanent (Full time)
Why apply for this role?
Risk is firmly at the heart of every single financial services company - that is where you'll be if you join our team as a Credit Risk Analyst. Helping to manage risk for one of the UK's high-profile financial institutions is an exciting and rewarding place to develop your risk management skills. It's a great place to advance your career.
What you'll be doing
Building upon your existing experience, solving complex business problems to help the bank deliver appropriate credit risk management strategies, driving forward practical value-based solutions.
Understanding and confirming with stakeholders change requirements and translating these into system proposals ensuring that what is being delivered meets stakeholder requirements.
Monitoring and tracking the delivery of risk decision changes ensuring post implementation impacts are aligned to expectations and communicated within agreed SLAs
Communicating issues clearly, developing and recommending solutions where appropriate.
Supporting releases with some work being required during unsocial hours.
Ensuring that strong links are maintained between the Change team and other key business areas.
What we're looking for
- High degree of computer literacy, 2:1 achieved at degree level in a numerate subject such as Maths, Statistics, Operational Research, Physics, and Engineering or equivalent qualifications and experience is essential.
- Track record of successful delivery in a statistical analysis role of similar complexity and level, preferably within a credit risk function.
- Very high degree of mathematical literacy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Able to take a pragmatic attitude when dealing with uncertainty.
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is a permanent role based in our Milton Keynes offices.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to % from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed at Santander, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.