Senior Network Administrator - Hedge End | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Network Administrator
Hedge End, Hampshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Senior Network Administrator
Location: Hedge End
Salary: Up to £50,000
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable, motivated individual to take an active role in building and maintaining network that supports the NetPay service proposition. You will have considerable experience in designing, building, and maintaining a highly secure environment. You should have extensive experience working within a stringent change control and documentation framework to ensure security and configuration management policies are always adhered to.
You will be experienced in supporting, maintaining, and configuring infrastructure as and when required. These areas may include network security, routing, switching, hyper-visor and other common infrastructure platforms.
Responsibilities of the Senior Network Administrator:
* Lead in the proactive building, management and maintenance of multi-layered, multi-tenant deployment that operate in a highly secure environment.
* Experience working with PCI DSS compliant networks and systems would be highly advantageous.
* Keep up to date on PCI DSS and other regulatory requirements pertinent to the operation of the business.
* Documentation and evidence collecting and a structured approach to working on systems.
* Necessity to on occasion work unsociable hours when maintaining systems, deploying new servers or responding to any issues that occur out of hours.
* Participate in an on-call rota providing 24x7 support.
* Contribute to weekly team meetings to discuss progress with other team members.
* Lead in the design and build highly available multi-platform systems.
* Perform regular network health assessments to identify, document and address areas for improvement.
* Experience in virtual environment build automation configuration and administration.
* Service monitoring and administration essential.
* Actively maintain and innovate system security and in line with the organisation’s security policy.
* Be ambitious and possess a positive drive towards proactive self-development.
Requirements of the Senior Network Administrator:
* Working knowledge of networking standards, protocols, security, troubleshooting, and performance tuning
* Cisco CCNA (Routing/Switching/Data Centre or equivalent certifications essential.
* Demonstrable understanding of IP Sub-netting configuration, routing and DNS.
* Must have a good understanding of ITIL, including Service Management, Capacity Management, and Change Management. ITIL v3 Certification advantageous.
* Strong knowledge of site-to-site VPN technologies.
* Strategic Thinking – Considers the longer-term impact of day to day decisions. Delivers upon the requirements of their line manager and the goals of the business when prioritising day to day work and projects.
* Accountability – Takes ownership of issues to get resolutions that benefit the business.
* Problem Solving and Analysis – Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data is required. Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques in obtaining solutions.
* Teamwork and Collaboration – High sense of ownership and urgency with experience in working in a team to get the job done and deliver upon the objectives and goals of the business.
* Learning – Keen to learn even when there has been no initial experience of the situation
* Customer Focus – Makes and meets internal customer commitments understanding that their requirements are what drive those of the business and keep the doors open.
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Senior Linux Systems Engineer, then please apply now