Head of Finance - London | Zoek UK | 2220506c78c44136a49e20e7174b1d04
Head of Finance
£500 - £600 per day
Contract (Full time)
HEAD OF FINANCE
INTERIM - INITIALLY 3 MONTHS
LONDON - LOCAL AUTHORITY
£500- £600 A DAY INSIDE OF IR35
An exciting opportunity for a Head of Finance has arisen to join a large borough council and be an integral part of the Departmental Leadership team and the departmental lead on all financial matters at a delivery level including feasibility of financial savings, budget setting and forecasting.
As the Head of the finance service you will provide operational leadership and support to the departmental leadership team and manage the core financial processes of the relevant department to ensure effective financial management in delivery of the Council's vision and priorities and the relevant Departments' core principles, key aims and service objectives.
Main Duties will include
• Director of Finance, Investment and Risk and Deputy S151 Officer
• Providing operational financial leadership and customer focused support to the relevant Departmental Leadership Team (DLT)
• Ensuring compliance with the Councils corporate financial framework for the relevant department and advising on best use of resources
• Providing personal support and advice to the Executive Director, Directors, Head of Finance and, Cabinet Members and Committees to deliver robust and innovative solutions for the organisation
• The head of finance will be responsible for providing the strategic financial lead for the relevant department and provide customer focused support to both the Departmental Leadership team (DLT) and the Executive Leadership team (ELT) when required.
• They will ensure that DLT and the budget managers in the department have access to sound and timely financial advice on policy and strategic issues and will be responsible for developing and enhancing the financial management competencies of budget managers.
• They will provide the financial lead on the capital budget proposals for the relevant department and ensure that there is compliance with the Council's corporate financial framework.
• They will lead, manage and develop a financial team to ensure robust support for the organisation and an ability to be flexible with changing demands
The CCAB Qualified Finance professional will possess significant experience within a public sector finance function and be available at short notice for a new opportunity.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity and are available at short notice for a new assignment then please do forward your updated CV or call Suzanne Rudd on#########
Posted 43 days ago