R&D and Applications Engineer - Wymondham | Zoek UK | 227048
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
R&D and Applications Engineer
Wymondham, Leicestershire, England
An electronics manufacturing business near Wymondham are looking to hire an experienced R&D Applications Engineer to work within their close-knit, highly skilled Engineering department.
As part of your role, you will assist with work within the Engineering team, maintaining spreadsheets that are used to control and document product approvals, providing support to customers with datasheet & catalogue updates; assisting the team with technical queries.
You will also be involved in support on specific R&D projects to both develop and introduce new and extended product ranges.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain data spreadsheets, detailing and recording approved range information.
- Liaise with IT in developing the spreadsheets, such that they drive areas of the businesses website & datasheet generator.
- Provide Application Notes, technical articles and data sheets.
- Support the internal and external sales teams with technical enquiries.
- Support off-site manufacturing with technical order handling, administration, costing and custom design work.
- Assist in sourcing and specifying test equipment, then design and execute lab testing to gather the data necessary for technical support.
- Support existing test lab work & develop new/modified tests to gather data.
- Participate in New Product Development and the design of new/modified parts and their transfer to production.
- Manufacture & evaluate samples, plus generation of associated reports and presentations.
In order for your application to be considered, you will need the following:
- Qualification or degree in Electronics / Electrical Engineering (not essential)
- Able to manage large amounts of data, whilst ensuring high levels of accuracy.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong writing skills suited to datasheet writing and formatting.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced workplace
- Strong attention to detail and propensity for accuracy of work product
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- IT or coding experience useful
- Lab or test experience valuable
In return, you'll receive a competitive salary and benefits package, along with the chance to develop and progress you career within a thriving engineering business who have experienced significant success over the last 18 months.
If you have the skills and experiences required, submit a copy of your CV straight away to be considered.