Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
£29000 - £35000/annum
Unspecified (Part time)
Client is a thriving Tech company with a turnover c £1m
They require an experience accountant to produce accounts on a monthly basis
* Key Duties
* To provide monthly management accounts, reconciliations and ad hoc reports using Sage 50 Professional
* To administer Sage 50 Professional, enter all sales and purchase invoices, payroll, relevant journals and all other information required to produce the monthly management accounts
* To assist with preparation of annual accounts and liase with the company auditors throughout
* To collate monthly the payroll information, commissions, holidays, sick days and expenses for submission to the payroll provider, and act as the companies focal point for them.
* As the administrator of the bank account, you will be expected to ensure prompt payment of all suppliers, salaries and HMRC for both monthly PAYE and quarterly VAT and to liaise with MD on approval of such payments.
* To weekly reconcile the bank account
* To provide information regarding bank receipts to the assistant accountant for her to manage credit control
* Credit Control, manage the assistant accountant to follow the procedures set for the complete operation of the credit control function, to reconcile the accounts, issue statements, issue stop notices, recover monies, resolve any issues and maintain easily accessible records.
* Purchase Ledger, manage the assistant accountant to ensure that all supplier invoices are checked, logged and monitored, preparing accurate remittances, reconcile the accounts and resolve any issues. Resolve any issues and maintain easily accessible records.
* To maintain complete confidentiality as financially sensitive material is seen and often administered by you.
We would expect the role to be able to be performed on an average of hours per week – probably 15 hours per week in two of the weeks and 20 hours per week in the two weeks of accounts preparation post month end.
We would therefore suggest that the individual works 3 days per week for 5 hours per day for two of the weeks and 4 days per week for 5 hours per day for the other two weeks.
Currently the office is located in Kettering however in the short to medium term it is likely to relocate to the Northampton / M1 are so would suit someone form the Northampton side of Kettering. On ad hoc occassions the individual may be asked to visit the Oxford office so would need to be a fully licenced car driver with full access to their own car.
QBE with good Sage experience or ACA/ACCA/ACMA looking for part time flexible role.
Please note salary shown is FTE