Media Technician - Northwich | Zoek UK | 22b049
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Northwich, Cheshire West and Chester, England
£18039 - £19524/annum
Unspecified (Part time)
We have an opportunity available for a suitably qualified Media Technician to join our Media Studies Department based in Northwich. You will join us on a part-time, permanent basis, working 12 hours per week during term-time only. In return, you will receive a competitive rate of £18,039 - £19,524 per annum pro rata (£4,875 - £5,277 actual salary).
As our Media Technician, you will be responsible for supporting teachers with practical sessions, and helping to develop student’s technical understanding and supporting the progress of students with coursework and practical assignments.
Your responsibilities as our Media Technician will include:
- Managing the editing suite and preparing it for use by students and staff
- Assisting in the planning, editing and recording of videos for the department
- Overseeing student use of the editing suite and providing help and support for students with their coursework
- Providing demonstrations to students and staff in the use of editing software and audiovisual equipment
- Arranging the installation of new equipment in the department
- Managing the store of Media equipment and resources for use by students and staff
- Arranging the maintenance of Media equipment and its compliance with the College’s Health and Safety regulations
- Carrying out regular audits of media equipment and resources
- Such other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time by College management
- Carrying out such technical and administrative duties as may be reasonably required by the Head of Psychology & Media Studies in accordance with the College’s flexible approach to the efficient delivery of a quality support service
Our ideal Media Technician will have:
- Education to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Qualification or experience in IT and/or Media Production
- Computer literacy – Mac or PC environment – and Film/Media production processes and software
- Experience of using or understanding of film editing software and editing, digital cameras and photography, print media and web design software
- Ability to maintain stock control and maintain an inventory, carry out regular audits of equipment, clean and maintain equipment
- Ability to maintain a camera and computer booking system for large numbers of students across a busy timetable, hire out kit to students and chase returns
Benefits available to our Media Technician include:
- Local Government Pension scheme – employee contributions vary between % and % dependent upon level of salary. Employer contributions are currently %.
- Free on-site car parking
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Funding for training and development
- CPD events throughout the year
- Onsite Starbucks cafes
- Onsite canteen and deli bar with daily homemade cakes
- College-wide staff lunches
- Christmas social event
- Long service awards
- Access to counselling/EAP service
- Eye care vouchers
- Access to health plan
- Access to Occupational Health service
- Family-friendly policies
Closing Date: am on Wednesday 15 September 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Media Technician please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
The successful applicant will be required to complete a medical screening questionnaire. The College will also carry out a Disclosure and Barring check