Java Developer - London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
London, Greater London, England
£70000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
Global Technology Provider
REMOTE WORKING AND ON BOARDING
The Company: Java Developer
My client is offering an exiting opportunity to a talented Java Developer to lead work on complex and challenging projects to drive transformative change for our top- tier Financial Services clients. Operating in an Agile environment, the Java Developer will have strong server-side experience to work on next- generation financial systems.
- Build distributed systems that deal with actor-based concurrency, reactive programming, distributed in-memory data grids, messaging that goes beyond plain JMS as we fully expect to participate in shaping the future of financial technology stacks
- Work on server side JVM-based projects
- Hit the ground running with the typical Java or Scala JVM ecosystem stack (Spring and its subprojects, Guice, Guava, Maven, Hibernate, Jetty, etc.)
- Retool continuously as the technology landscape changes every few years
- Be able to pick up other technologies along the whole development stack, including front-end and other non-JVM ecosystems
- Work with our clients in iterative, project-based engagements, where self-organizing and focused teams move quickly to build innovative solutions for the client
- Have the desire to collaborate, and like sharing and learning from your colleagues
- Be passionate about delivering quality code
- Demonstrate experience writing commercial-grade software applications
- Have a deep understanding of multithreading and real-time software architectures
- Have an abiding interest in and competence for solving real-world business problems (with technology as an enabler)
- Be determined to succeed despite obstacles and challenges, as well as a positive attitude favouring achievement of goals over open-ended investigation
Skills and Experience:Java Developer
- 5+ years of recent hands-on experience in designing and coding complex, enterprise, commercial-grade applications in core, server-side Java, ideally Java 8+
- Experience building RESTful Web Services
- Test-driven development, which includes Unit and End-to-End Testing
- Experience with Agile software development (. SCRUM or KANBAN)
- Experience in a CI/CD environment
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or related work experience
- Experience with, knowledge of, and strong demonstrated interest in, global financial markets and financial products.
How to Apply:Java Developer
Simply attach your most recent resume by following the APPLY link. All applications/expressions of interest are treated as confidential and no resumes will be forwarded to our client without prior written candidate approval.
To find out more about Huxley, please visit (.com/)
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales