Apprentice Radiographer - Ashington | Zoek UK | 237a96
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Ashington, Northumberland, England
£ 18500.00 - £ 18500.00 Per Annum
Permanent (Full time)
Exciting Degree Apprenticeship opportunity in healthcare - no experience required!
Urgently hiring - apply now to avoid disappointment!
Job title: Apprentice Radiographer
Salary: £18,500 increasing upon completion of milestones
Hours: 36 hours per week on site, across a rota from Monday to Sunday, with an additional 9 hours allocated for off the job learning. (45 hour contract of employment)
InHealth are on a mission to provide an excellent alternative to university for those interested in a career as a Radiographer. We have developed a 3 year Degree Apprenticeship Programme to provide just that. If you are interested in becoming a Qualified Radiographer through our programme, we would love to hear from you!
The programme consists of a blended approach to learning which includes lectures, online learning, placements, assessments and more. On top of this, InHealth will offer you with additional internal training opportunities that will help further develop your skills.
You will be allocated a dedicated mentor to support you through your journey and will have a community of apprentices all working towards developing and growing their skills.
InHealth is the UK's largest specialist provider of diagnostic and healthcare solutions. Our mission is to make healthcare better. We do this by working with hospitals and commissioners across the NHS and independent sector. Our wide range of services span numerous pathways and are delivered in both acute and primary care settings for more than 3 million patients a year.
Diagnostic imaging is one of the busiest services we provide, and our Radiographers are a vital part of the InHealth team. They are responsible for making sure our patients receive the best standard of care while generating high quality images as part of their pathway. InHealth's Radiographer Apprentices play a vital role in our promise to grow our future Radiographer workforce and to further develop the way we provide patient services.
What will you do:
As an Apprentice Radiographer you will work alongside your clinical and non-clinical colleagues at our dynamic and fast-paced sites, developing and enhancing your skills within radiography, to ensure a professional and patient-focused service is always delivered. As an integral part of our imaging team your skills will help us to deliver on our vision to make healthcare better.
What will you be responsible for?
- Developing and enhancing your radiography skills via unique internal and external training
- Supporting clinical and non-clinical colleagues to carry out radiography procedures within best practice standards
- Preparing patients for clinical procedures and chaperoning them as required
- Assessing patients' conditions post procedure and advising them of any examination details
- Providing a great experience for patients who are attending a scan, supporting them through the process from referral to results
- Respecting and working within patient's and service users' customs, values and spiritual beliefs, making sure their views are sought and taken into account
- Supporting patient bookings and making sure Patient Information Systems are maintained with accurate and up-to-date information
In order to apply, all you need to have is:
- 3 A-Levels at BBC Grade or higher (112 UCAS points) including a B or higher in a Science subject or BTEC (extended diploma) equivalent in a Science or Healthcare related subject
- GCSE Maths & English at Grade C/4 or above (with certification)
- A strong understanding of great customer service
- A passion for healthcare and a willingness to learn
- A right to work and study in the United Kingdom
- A flexible approach and ability to work on a rota across 7 days per week
And what can you expect to receive as an Apprentice Radiographer?
- A fully funded and recognised university degree
- A team of dedicated Radiographer mentors and a supportive Clinical Manager
- A structured training programme tailored to you, delivered by experienced colleagues
- A competitive salary and clear career path
- A generous benefits package - see below for more info!
What can InHealth offer you?
We offer a fantastic benefits package, which is available through a mobile-enabled rewards platform, called InJoy. This is your place to access thousands of offers and discounts on a wide range of products and services relating to: fashion, travel, eating out, technology, leisure and more!
In addition to this, we also offer:
- Private medical insurance
- 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Paid HCPC annual registration
- Company pension scheme
- Access to a 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Life assurance
- and more!
Making sure our people are happy at work is one of our main priorities, which means giving them as many opportunities as we can to support their personal and professional growth. We also have an innovative approach to personal and professional development, helping you to be the best version of you and giving you a real career pathway.
InHealth is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of the community.