Lead PCB Engineer (Bedfordshire - Cranfield | Zoek UK | 237d63
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Lead PCB Engineer (Bedfordshire, UK)
Cranfield, Central Bedfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Our client, a Green Tech innovative company with very strong financial backing from one High Net Worth individual investor whose main interest to invest in technology that is good for people and the environment rather than looking for an exit strategy.
The initial product designed is an innovative AC power distribution system that has great potential in many verticals. Initially this technology was trialled at NASA back in the 1960’s. It utilises GaN and SiC materials. The designs are currently under wraps until all the critical patents are filed and then the website will follow. Currently employing 9 and looking to recruit a further 8.
Ground breaking technology, exciting prospects with an early stage company aiming to be the next ‘Apple’ in the power industry. Could this be the opportunity for you that will fire your design skills further?
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDE
• You will start from scratch (not from a drawing) design a central unit and various peripherals
• Detail design of the mechanical part
• Design products with good aesthetic
• Will manage a growing team of Electronics and Mechanical Engineers
• Will help in establishing Mechanical Engineers team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• At least 3+ years of relevant industry experience
• Knowledge and understanding of Power Electronics is a plus
• Tooling expert
• Knowledge and ability to design product that is water sealed
• Good knowledge of the materials
• Experienced using plastics, metals (Zn, Al, Cu), rare earth magnets (nice) and eco-friendly materials
• Understanding of core technologies that drive state of the plastic and metallic manufacturing
• In depth knowledge of the CAD tool such as SolidWorks
• Has strong understanding of the fundamentals of heat transfer and thermodynamics
• Attention to detail
• Efficient and pleasant communication skills
• Highly flexible
• Strong personality capable to work in a team environment
• Winning personality who can motivate people
• Likes challenges
We are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this vacancy to our client ASAP, for more information contact Thomas Warren at PER Recruitment or send your CV at (url removed) and cc (url removed)