Technical Sales Engineer
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
£40000 - £50000/annum Company Car, Pension, Bonus 10K
Permanent (Full time)
£40,000 to £50,000 Basic salary, Company Car, Pension, Laptop, Mobile Phone, Credit Card and Bonus, on target earnings £60,000+ (experience dependent)
* Home Based could live Stafford, Birmingham, Stoke, Telford, Derby, Nottingham, Grantham, Kettering, Northampton, Worcester, Coventry, Burton-Upon-Trent, Wolverhampton, Peterborough, Worcester, Stratford-Upon-Avon etc.
The Candidate - YOU
You are a highly motivated self-starter with a successful track record in technical solution selling and posse a strong mechanical engineering knowledge. You are articulate, solution orientated and a relationship builder extraordinaire, who goes the extra mile to deliver high quality solutions and a world class service.
Your sales activities will involve 60% strategic key account management of existing clients, and 40% new business activity. There is a diverse client base in this region, and you will be selling and working within a multitude of industrial, process and manufacturing environments.
As a thought leader in pump reliability and mechanical seals and gaskets, custom-engineered products account for over 56% of their business, as such this role is a technical solution selling position and you will need to have a mechanical engineering aptitude through an engineering apprenticeship and or Engineering Degree, but also be an articulate and dynamic salesperson.
You will report into the General Sales Manager and take responsibility of business activities throughout the Midlands region – covering Stafford, Birmingham, Stoke, Telford, Derby, Nottingham, Grantham, Peterborough, Kettering, Northampton, Worcester, Coventry, Burton-Upon-Trent, Wolverhampton, Worcester, Stratford-Upon-Avon etc.
You will be expected to report all sales and quotation activity monthly. You will be supported from a team of internal sales engineers who will assist with any technical back up needed to assist in closing the sale and supporting the customer. We are looking to speak with candidates with strong account management and business development skills and a mechanical engineering brain / experience.
This is a home-based role that requires regular customer visits throughout the sales region. We anticipate one day will be spent working from your home office with four days focusing on developing and managing customers.
World renowned British Manufacturer with a global presence manufacturing Industrial Seals / Gaskets / Flow components / Pumps / Valves / Mechanical Components – Rotating Equipment
Our client has a heritage that stretches back to the 60’s and is one of the world’s leading specialists in the design and manufacture of mechanical seals and seal support systems. Their products are designed to improve the reliability of rotating equipment. Today they employ more over a thousand people in 125 countries from over 200 locations.
Their products are in demand worldwide, and across all industry sectors. Wherever they supply, the story is the same: their sealing technology delivers increased reliability, demonstrated by improved mean time between failure.
As a world leader within their field of expertise they are strategically dedicated to being an employer of choice. They achieve this by creating the safest and most rewarding place of work possible and offer a wide range of training courses to help develop their staff and nurture talent in the business.
Despite being a world leading innovative manufacturer with a global presence they pride themselves on a “family community” like culture which embraces the values of Excellence, Continuous Growth, Change, Honesty and where people are happy to work.
What We Need:
* You will have a proven track record of business-to-business sales, with a dynamic “can do” attitude, and enthusiasm for sales
* You will have an outcome orientated mindset, be able to embrace change positively and work effectively both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
* You are extremely customer focused and will do whatever it takes to deliver, wherever and whenever is needed.
* You are committed to continuous improvement and professional development
* You will have external sales experience from an associated sector ., mechanical seals, rotating equipment, pumps, valves etc
* You have a mechanical Engineering Background and a full knowledge of rotating equipment and mechanical seals is highly beneficial
* You are a strong strategic thinker with exceptional ability to develop relationships, manage key accounts and develop new business
* You have experience of selling mechanical components into critical engineering / industrial environments such as, oil refineries, pulp and paper, oil and gas, power generation, chemical, pharmaceutical, paper, mining, food and beverage, etc…
* You will have an eye for upselling / cross selling opportunities
* You will have excellent communication skills and able to communicate and sell to a wide variety of levels.
* If you have an engineering qualification, this will be advantageous but not essential.
Please click on the apply button or contact Mercury Hampton directly. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within two working days