Guildford, Surrey, England
£30000 - £80000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
As an Enterprise Architect you will have the opportunity to provide support to a wide range of high-profile UK public sector and defence organisations.
With expertise in analysing and developing architectures across the Business, Data, Applications and Infrastructure domains, you will also have an understanding of the technologies and operational processes required to achieve this. You will provide high-value strategy, business analysis, technology and procurement consultancy to ensure any solution aligns with the business aspirations.
Working either individually or as part of a larger team, you will undertake a number of consultancy assignments that could include:
* Generate genuinely useful outcomes to help deliver the client’s goals in major business transformation programmes
* Hands-on analysis, not just assurance, including working with clients, users and other team members to address issues before they become blockers
* Develop and review strategies and target architectures to support future delivery of ICT services to meet the client’s business needs and in accordance with the Government’s ICT and other strategies
* Provide close support and strategic input to delivery teams, including Agile software delivery
* Develop and review baseline and transition architectures to support the client's migration planning of ICT services within a business change programme
* Develop architecture views to describe all aspects of a client's organisation including its Business, Applications, Data and Infrastructure
* Provide EA leadership to a client to help mature the organisation's architecture governance and develop best practice
Applicants must possess:
Working predominantly within the UK Defence and Public Sectors, experience within those sectors is an advantage, preferably within the ICT context on enterprise solutions. The fast-moving nature of the ICT environment, together with the need to resource multiple, ad-hoc assignments, also requires consultants to be quick thinkers, proactive and self-motivated – with the ability to apply a structured approach to often unfamiliar subject matter.
It is essential that you have experience in the application of at least two of the following methods and standards in use within our customer base:
* Enterprise and Technical Architecture development and review using EA frameworks and methods . TOGAF, MODAF
* Government Digital Service approaches including the Government Service Design Manual and the Digital by Default service standard
* Business or systems analysis methods and tools, . BPMN, UML
* Software development methods and techniques . Agile methods such as SCRUM
* Programme and Project Management methods . MSP, PRINCE2, DSDM, Scaled Agile Framework
* Public sector best practice guidance, . ITIL, OGC toolkit
* Business case development to Treasury guidelines
Candidates must be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful